6 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Edward Jellico rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt W
msg tools
mb
I couldn't help myself but create a proper Captain Edward Jellico card. There's no way he should be some generic skill 1 captain in this game. I just had to make him at least 1 skill higher than Riker, and his ability is based on the preemptive strike tactic he uses against the Cardassians in "Chain of Command Part II".

At skill 7 he'll probably strike first in most cases, but this way if he's up against a higher skill Captain he has an advantage. I limited the attack to Primary Weapon, since I felt being able to use the Secondary Weapon would be too over powered. This also limits Jellico to using his forward firing arc, so ships that sneak up from behind don't need to worry about this.

So, what do you think? The alternative ability I had in mind was to disable one of your crew upgrades to change into a standard uniform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carpenter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is my dream card.

So so awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been at least one thread about on reskinning faction commanders to Federation officers. I think Jellico would be a natural for a reskinned Romulan Commander from the Gal Gath'thong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... Troi in standard uniform as a re-skinned Janice Rand? I actually want more diversity of female cards, but it's such a good fit theme wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lenson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mike Sisson wrote:
There has been at least one thread about on reskinning faction commanders to Federation officers. I think Jellico would be a natural for a reskinned Romulan Commander from the Gal Gath'thong.

I'd be very happy with that. Frankly, I'd be happy with any half-decent Jellico card, as he's easily my favourite one-shot Captain in the whole show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
msg tools
mb
I did a re-skinned Jellico to mirror the Romulan Commander (though I only gave him a single Elite Talent ability instead of 2). Oh, and a joke card, because I couldn't resist.

The face says it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.