United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm too lazy to rummage around for it, but there is a post in RSP about why one might not want to purchase anything with Orson Scott Card's name on it. I won't touch anything that benefits him, that's for sure. No offense, OP.

Plus the game got pretty terrible reviews

Great price, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:
I'm too lazy to rummage around for it, but there is a post in RSP about why one might not want to purchase anything with Orson Scott Card's name on it. I won't touch anything that benefits him, that's for sure. No offense, OP.

Plus the game got pretty terrible reviews

Great price, though.

I was not aware of his political views... Thanks for the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
silverbowen wrote:

Plus the game got pretty terrible reviews :)

Great price, though.

Hmmm, I don't see Orson Scott Card's name anywhere on this game. Someone who actually owns the game can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's certainly not visible on any of the scans here in the BGG database. It's questionable whether OSC receives any significant benefit (or any benefit at all, for that matter) from an obscure movie tie-in product like this one.

But if anyone wants to punish the designer, publisher, and hundreds of other people involved in creating a game for the opinion of one man who wasn't even involved in the game's creation, that's their choice.

A better reason not to buy the game would be it doesn't seem to be very good.

I'd love to see a good Ender's Game board game, though. There's a lot of un-tapped intellectual property potential there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep political discussion out of the threads. We have a designated Religion, Sex, and Politics forum for a reason. Discussing these topics outside of that forum will result in being moderated.

We ask that you use the icon when you see these kinds of comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.