Subject: Iron Man question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
So, the do three damage when damaged in the attack step: if Iron Man takes enough damage to knock him out, does he do the 3 damage? I think no (the damage wouldn't be done until after the damage taken) and the rulebook implies no in the example of combat, but not entirely sure....

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Until we get a FAQ it is anyone's guess how this should be played. People will make compelling arguments on each side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noddingoff wrote:
So, the do three damage when damaged in the attack step: if Iron Man takes enough damage to knock him out, does he do the 3 damage? I think no (the damage wouldn't be done until after the damage taken) and the rulebook implies no in the example of combat, but not entirely sure....

thx

The problem with the rule book, is the sentence that implies Iron Man would die and not deal damage has been stricken from the rule book for being incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
You mean the text in the combat example on page 17 where it says: "This will give Thor enough damage to knock out Iron Man before he can use his card text again."

It seems likely the FAQ will say that triggered abilities are triggered even if the trigger knocks the character out, which seems more in keeping with most other CCG type games.

thx
Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually the line that'e been removed.

Pelvidar wrote:
cw67q wrote:
I'm confused by something in the Detailed Combat Example of the rule book.

The short version is: does being knocked out trump the triggering of damage induced abilities. The longer version explaining confusions below :-)

----------
Pg 17

" has a plan: he uses his Focius Power basic action die ... to spin Thor up a level. This will give Thor enough damage to knock out Iron Man before he can use his card text again."
(Iron Man's card text is "Each time Iron Man takes damage in the attack step, he deals 3 damage to one opposing character that is attacking or blocking").

The example seems to suggest that being knocked out by Thor damage will prevent Iron Man's ability from triggering. This is not at all what I would expect from the card text. And it seems to contradict how I would interpret paragraph 4 of Asign Damage (Pg 8).

Is it a general rule that being knocked out prevents an ability that would otherwise be triggered by damage? Or is the example in the rules wrong? (Or amid just hopelessly confused? ). Anyone able to clear this up for me?

Cheers - Chris

Edited to restore missing text

Best to wait for an official reply, but if I remember correctly, this was a slight typo in the example. Iron Man's effect should have triggered.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1145142/confused-by-the-deta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.