Reuben Cronje
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

I hope that the BGG brains trust can help me out. We had a bit of a debate when I was moving an Ettin around the other day, and I have a couple of questions from that:

1) Can I simply take two consecutive "move actions" with the Ettin, gaining 6 movements points, and then shrink down to one space, move six spaces until I reached my desired destination, and only then expand again? Or do I have to be able to expand at any other point during my movement?

2) If I interrupt my Ettin's movement to do another move action, do I have to be able to expand when I interrupt? So - I take a move action, shrink down to one space, move 2 spaces, interrupt this move (expanding again) to take another move action, then shrink down and move the final 4 (1 + 3) spaces?

Any help / clarity / wisdom is much appreciated, and any reference to the Rulebook or FAQ would help too.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, you may declare two move actions consecutively and simply gain the number of movement points equal to twice the monster's Speed.

2. Yes, if you interrupt a move action with a move action, then you must be able to expand when you declare the interrupt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Cronje
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
1. Yes, you may declare two move actions consecutively and simply gain the number of movement points equal to twice the monster's Speed.

2. Yes, if you interrupt a move action with a move action, then you must be able to expand when you declare the interrupt.

Thanks Dexter! Quick, concise... the perfect reply, really
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New-ish to the game so good to check on this myself - I remember reading a post (or four) that had a ruling from FFG about interrupting a move and expanding, didn't it go that you can't expand twice when doing this ? And this would be the same for using Dash ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.