Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I skipped buying the boosters and just bought a set of the common and uncommon cards/dice as I wait for the base set to be reprinted. Unfortunately my wife decided to let my two year old play with the dice and he ended up having a bit of a temper tantrum and threw them in multiple rooms. For the life of me we can't find one of the dice (a Hawkeye die). I don't feeling like spending any more time looking for it and to buy a single Hawkeye die right now on Ebay (Canada) is a minimum of $10.

Does this even matter once I get a copy of the base set though? I assume it will have another Hawkeye die which will still leave me with 2 of those dice. Would there ever be a case where I may want 3 of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bogle
United States
Belmont
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Hawkeye in the starter set sorry :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no hawkeye in the starter. And yes you may want a few hawkeye dice. Personally I like hawkeye. The good news is is you buy any more boosters at least in quantity you will probably get more than enough. Or if you know players in the area and they bought boosters they could probably supply you with one. I give out extra dice to a lot of new players. But I have also bought 2 booster boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you don't have the starter set and can't play it right now, there's no rush to get the Hawkeye die. There will be plenty of them around for cheap in a month or 2. You may even find your missing die by the time the starter set becomes available. Once you meet some people to play with, I'm sure some of them will have plenty of extras and give one to you for free. Just be patient!

Side note: Hawkeye seems to be a great card to have for your team!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Miller
United States
Hoover
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Unfortunately my wife decided to let my two year old play with the dice...

Seems completely safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes McLemore
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
It actually does matter. Maybe your 2 year old swallowed it gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mitchellcmiller wrote:
bholmes4 wrote:
Unfortunately my wife decided to let my two year old play with the dice...

Seems completely safe.

Good grief, right?!

By the way, there is only 2 of each character in the starter set. You get 3 cards, but 2 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you only need one dice to play with a character even though the max is 3 or 4. just wait like a month and buy some dice they will drop in price i am sure. or instead of spending 10 dollars on a hawkeye dice just spend 10 dollars on boosters which you are fairly likely to get a dice as well as some rares that come with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the die but thanks to everyone that everyone that replied.

As a side note to those concerned: I wasn't worried that he swallowed them as he just ran from the living room to the kitchen with my baggie of them and shook them out on to the floor. I still wanted to find it so that he couldn't stumble upon it later though.

Normally I have a set of extra dice, too large to be a choking hazard that he likes to sort in plastic cups. He knows not to put them in his mouth but we always monitor him when he plays with them anyway and store them out of reach. The problem is he saw the Marvel dice on my desk and my wife foolishly gave them to him. In her defense she was watching him and he has never done something like this with the other dice, but it was still a bad idea both because they are a good choking-size and because they are "daddies".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Stewart
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about it. When you do get your starter you can play with what you have and decide if that third Hawkeye is really a necessary addition to the team.

Edit: Oops - this is what I get for composing something and then not hitting "Submit" until after lunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.