Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently I was ripped off in a trade. I traded a Kickstarter game with ks promos for terra mystica a game I love and was willing to part with a Kickstarter for. Had I been a little more cautious and read the users couple of reviews I may have requested that they send first.

I have been trading game for a few years and this is the first time I've been ripped off. I have been waiting for nearly 2 months for the game to ship and during that time I had ample opportunity to get the game, but I was holding out hope that the trade would go through.

So my question is, is it legit to require that anyone below a rating of say 10 send first?

Also is it ok to post who the user is that ripped me off? Is there a bad traders list?? His account has been disabled but I feel like I would like to do more, and me just posting the name would kinda alleviate more of my disappointment.

I received a link to file mail fraud but that is very complicated seeing as how it was a trade and not a purchase, or lost or stolen package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
It is absolutely legit. If they have a super low rating, or too many negatives, then I will definitely request they ship first. If they don't want to, then no trade. Simple as that.

By all means, report mail fraud, and report it to the Admins as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Shanmugasundaram
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I continue to maintain a bad trader's list, but it has not been used in some time.
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17839/deadbeat-slacker-tra...

Perhaps everyone has been behaving themselves much more of late?

Seriously, though, I think there are other avenues of complaint, and the admins are very responsive. My thread is more or less a place to simply vent, when all else is said and done.

Still, I'm not hiding my list unless specifically requested to do so. Far as I know, it has only helped, if only as catharsis and through discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadley
United States
Monett
Missouri
flag msg tools
Of course, I was ripped off by the same person. Though an admin had currently blocked the user until they resolve the issues, I wouldn't doubt if a user will just create another user account and then start trading again. The fear is that he/she's friends will just setup trades, give good feedback and make it appear legit. With a website like this, it's gonna require faith from both ends that the other won't get ripped off. I'm not very happy about my trade as I lost a game that my game group really enjoyed in hopes to just get something different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Smith
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's definitely OK to request people with low trades to ship first. I myself have a low trade # and never mind when someone asks me to ship first. It's sad that you have to do that but games are EXPENSIVE, and being ripped off is a horrible feeling. Sorry you have to experience that. Better luck with future trades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.