Sam Beckett
msg tools
1) I have 3 guys assigned to water-deep harbor.
2) When assigning the 3rd man I place him on 'Monsters Made to order' building.
3) I receive 3 corruption and retrieve my 3 men back.

What is the correct result? a b or c ?

a) You can place these men anywhere open, including back in spot 1, 2, and 3 of water-deep harbor because it was cleared.
b) You can not place the guys because it is reassignment phase
c) You can place these guys anywhere excluding water-deep harbor.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MonsterMadeToOrder wrote:
1) I have 3 guys assigned to water-deep harbor.
2) When assigning the 3rd man I place him on 'Monsters Made to order' building.
3) I receive 3 correction and retrieve my 3 guys back.

What is the correct result? a b or c ?

a) You can place these guys anywhere open, including back in spot 1, 2, and 3 of waterdeep because it was cleared.
b) You can not place the guys because it is reassignment phase
c) You can place these guys anywhere excluding waterdeep.

thanks!

Given the update below, the Answer should be C. You cannot reassign to Waterdeep Harbor but anything else is game.

Also, expansion related questions should go to the expansion page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
And because this is the reassign phase, you can't place those Agents again this round. The use for this building is to pull back your agents while the turn is still ongoing and before it gets closed out.

This part is incorrect. From the FAQ:

Quote:
If I complete the Recruit Lieutenant Quest as a result of reassigning an Agent from Waterdeep Harbor, do I get to assign that Agent immediately?

Yes. If any effect puts a new Agent into your pool during reassignment from Waterdeep Harbor, you assign that Agent immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically reassignment has not started yet, so that would mean the answer would be a, but I could live with a c if the other players insisted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Beckett
msg tools
l-hansen wrote:
Technically reassignment has not started yet

There can be only one correct answer

This event triggered during the reassignment of my 3rd man from waterdeep harbor.

In the same game we during reassignment I also reassigned a man to another building that allowed me to play an intrigue card. And then the same question could be asked about that card, "Accelerate Plans" - can the man you used from water-deep harbor trigger a building, that trigger a reassignment, that allows you to return to water-deep harbor to trigger another card.

This is not infinite, as you will run out of cards.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/781681/question-about-accele...

How do we get official ruling from game maker?

Can you move this thread to the correct expansion forum. Same rules should apply to both tho right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You can try contacting Hasbro direct. I am not sure why Lars is stating reassignment hasn't started yet when clearly it has. Otherwise you wouldn't have reassigned the agent in WD Harbor.

My initial comment was specific to the rules but as Downey pointed out, a similar situation is covered in the FAQ. And agents regained during this time can be assigned once again.

The rules are quite clear in several places that you cannot reassign to Waterdeep Harbor. So A cannot be the correct answer.

Page 10 wrote:
2. Reassign Agent: After all Agents have been assigned in the
round, each player with an Agent in Waterdeep Harbor reassigns
that Agent to another action space. In effect, that player takes an
additional turn with that Agent.
Players reassign Agents in order, starting with the action space
numbered “1.” You cannot reassign an Agent to Waterdeep
Harbor

Page 13 wrote:
Reassign Agent: After all Agents have
been assigned in the round, each player
with an Agent in Waterdeep Harbor
reassigns that Agent to another action
space
. Start with the Agent in the action
space numbered “1,” and proceed
in numerical order.

Page 22 wrote:
Research Chronomancy: If you complete this Quest after
reassigning an Agent from Waterdeep Harbor, you immediately
assign the returned Agent. You cannot assign that Agent to
Waterdeep Harbor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Beckett
msg tools
Page 10 wrote:
2. Reassign Agent: After all Agents have been assigned in the
round, each player with an Agent in Waterdeep Harbor reassigns
that Agent to another action space. In effect, that player takes an
additional turn with that Agent.
Players reassign Agents in order, starting with the action space
numbered “1.” You cannot reassign an Agent to Waterdeep
Harbor

This refers to the agents from the Harbor. These agents are not from the harbor, but your newly created pool.

Page 13 wrote:
Reassign Agent: After all Agents have
been assigned in the round, each player
with an Agent in Waterdeep Harbor
reassigns that Agent to another action
space
. Start with the Agent in the action
space numbered “1,” and proceed
in numerical order.

"After all Agents have been assigned" is now NO longer true, you received your agents back. Plus water deep is now empty. Also your not assign the agent from waterdeep, but one that was returned to you.

Page 22 wrote:
Research Chronomancy: If you complete this Quest after
reassigning an Agent from Waterdeep Harbor, you immediately
assign the returned Agent. You cannot assign that Agent to Waterdeep Harbor.
[/q]

This is an exception for this card, if the exception should of have also been for building/other cards it should be in clarification section, but it is not. Thus the exception should only be used for itself and not for other unrelated cards/buildings.

So I still don't think the rules are clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake, I read it as he had 3 agents assigned to WDH, and the placed a 4th agent on MMto.

Disregard everything I wrote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MonsterMadeToOrder wrote:
So I still don't think the rules are clear.

Okay, then go ask Hasbro.

The point of the above quotes is you can't reassign to Waterdeep Harbor (to create a chain). The action you are asking about, the clarification in the FAQ Downey quoted, and the exception to a card in the back of the rules all point to this. I don't know off the top of my head if there are other instances of this in the base game so maybe not a need to list any more cards/buildings if they don't exist.

You can Assign anywhere. Once you reassign, you can continue to assign agents made available to you but cannot go to Waterdeep Harbor. The assignment of these Agents is in the "reassign" phase, not the "assign" phase. Exceptions to the rules about expansion items aren't going to be listed in the base game rules. So you have to use the precedence established and project that to similar situations until they address it specifically.

Again, the overriding intent here is not to be able to create an chain by reassigning back to Waterdeep Harbor to take advantage of it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the intention of all rules pertaining to assigning to Waterdeep Harbour is that once re-assignment has begun, regardless of what happens with those re-assignments, no more agents can be assigned to the Harbour.

In other words, once re-assignment has started, you cannot send any agents back to Waterdeep Harbour for any reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Beckett
msg tools
ok, thanks everyone. guess I will have to go with

c) You can place these guys anywhere excluding water-deep harbor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree with what the others have said - in the absense of an FAQ for the particular card, then the overriding game principle would seem to be that you cannot assign agents to Waterdeep Harbour once reassignment has begun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is C.

Once the re-assignment phase starts, WDH is off limits. The IOS version actually blocks the spaces from being used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
condabas wrote:
It is C.

Once the re-assignment phase starts, WDH is off limits. The IOS version actually blocks the spaces from being used.

Using the iOS as a rules lawyer is not the way to go.

The iOS has gotten things wrong with other rules in the BOARD GAME, so
asking the designers is the way to go for an actual correct answer.

Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
Using the iOS as a rules lawyer is not the way to go.

The iOS has gotten things wrong with other rules in the BOARD GAME, so
asking the designers is the way to go for an actual correct answer.

In the absence of a ruling from the designers, we can only go by our best collective guess. You seem determined to ignore the iOS App at all, so read the entire thread and look at the totality of the evidence. Even without looking at the iOS app, it seems pretty clear there is plenty of evidence to support this ruling:

ColtsFan76 wrote:
The point of the above quotes is you can't reassign to Waterdeep Harbor (to create a chain). The action you are asking about, the clarification in the FAQ Downey quoted, and the exception to a card in the back of the rules all point to this. I don't know off the top of my head if there are other instances of this in the base game so maybe not a need to list any more cards/buildings if they don't exist.

You can Assign anywhere. Once you reassign, you can continue to assign agents made available to you but cannot go to Waterdeep Harbor. The assignment of these Agents is in the "reassign" phase, not the "assign" phase. Exceptions to the rules about expansion items aren't going to be listed in the base game rules. So you have to use the precedence established and project that to similar situations until they address it specifically.

Again, the overriding intent here is not to be able to create an chain by reassigning back to Waterdeep Harbor to take advantage of it again.

If for some reason all of that isn't enough for you, then by all means go track down the designer and get a ruling. Be sure to let us know what they / Hasbro say when you get a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.