BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: designing a TCG game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shannon keats
Canada
flag msg tools
hi,

I am working on a design for a board game. planning taking some charchters from the game diblo 3 and some of my own charcaters.

the game going to be a card game. wondering how can i get it printed and package to sell in stores. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't.

The Diablo characters are already licensed for appearance in games. They actually don't, but they are licensed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody wants to start buying a tcg/CCG.

Everybody wants to sell one.

I would start over on your idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Carson
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shannon,

Sadly a lot of people will jump in here and try to crush your hopes and dreams rather quickly. Just remember that you need to start off by creating a game that you will love to play. Mainly because you will be play testing it forever.

Geosphere is right by saying, to try to sell a card game with Blizzard characters can not happen without their permission, so focus on using your own characters and creating a great back story.

Also Mat628 has some merit when he is saying nobody wants a TCG, because when I started reading the forums I realized that trading card games and collector card games are a tough sell that few are willing to buy anymore. It seems most people are enjoying the transfer to LCG(living card games) and Deckbuilders. I would suggest to look into both of those.

If you are still interested in just knowing about printing, try printing a small run first and see if your local store will carry it. You can print it reasonably cheap on makeplayingcards.com or search playing card printing on google.

Don't give up but always take advice and research their ideas.

Good luck.

-Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone wants to make an MMO.

Everyone thinks it's easy.

Ha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.