United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out DoomGloom Dungeon!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you need to roll the correct number after moving to another portal room to carry on? What happens if you don't get the number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you've "Successfully Activated a Portal", moving to the next portal... you roll to move Normally, as if it was a regular space you were moving from.

Keep Raiding

And

Carry On!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if I don't roll the successful number to move off a portal, do I just stay where I am?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I see you have a lot of questions about the rules too...any chance you're eventually going to write a review or summary reference card? I'd like to actually play my new game and write a review, but we're having the hardest time figuring out the rules to what seems to amount to a pretty straightforward game! Maybe it's odd phrasing or the doubling up of things like "'Nickel' (Characters)" that are throwing me off, but for as many games as I play I'm really hitting a wall with this one.

I see now there's a full tutorial on the project page so maybe I'll just watch that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickydude wrote:
What happens if I don't roll the successful number to move off a portal, do I just stay where I am?

Yes! Just as if it was a regular numbered room space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
I see you have a lot of questions about the rules too...any chance you're eventually going to write a review or summary reference card? I'd like to actually play my new game and write a review, but we're having the hardest time figuring out the rules to what seems to amount to a pretty straightforward game! Maybe it's odd phrasing or the doubling up of things like "'Nickel' (Characters)" that are throwing me off, but for as many games as I play I'm really hitting a wall with this one.

I see now there's a full tutorial on the project page so maybe I'll just watch that.

Hey Rococo!

Certainly watch the video.... and after that... if you have any questions whatsoever, I'm here to help! Feel free to ask me anything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll be doing a playthrough on my YouTube gaming channel (madladdesigns) in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!
Please post a link here or somewhere in the Raiders of the Lost Tomb Forums so we can all go watch it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cbatarlis wrote:

Hey Rococo!

Certainly watch the video.... and after that... if you have any questions whatsoever, I'm here to help! Feel free to ask me anything!

Right on - thanks! The whole family has been really getting into learning a new game and then contributing feedback to a "family" review so we're excited to give this one a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
That sounds really great!!! I look forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.