Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So despite the festivities offered at some bigger comic stores and the fact that there was a Wizard Con in Minneapolis this weekend, I spent my Free Comic Book Day at the smaller comic shop near my house. I like the vibe there, but they don't always have all the titles I'm interested in (honestly I'm not very vigilant about grabbing them when they are released). I still wanted to throw a few bucks their way so I just snagged some books that I might have heard something about or looked good to me. One of these books was Dogs of War by Sheila Keenan and Nathan Fox.

I managed to sit down to take a look at it later that night and just devoured it. Loved the art and I really liked the stories as well. There are three narratives and each of them are set during a different conflict and focus on a military service dog. Here's the thing, this is a older kids' title intended for the 8-12 year old set. As you can imagine, the book isn't filled with all of the nastiness associated with these wars (WWI, WWII, and Vietnam) but the stories do address pain and tragedy on and off the battlefield. Anyway, well worth looking into if you like animals or historical comics or you have kids that interested in this kind of thing.

Has anybody else stumbled on some surprisingly good stuff lately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.