Subject: Best Data Packs to start with rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought my first Android Netrunner Core Set and am looking to expand my collection. Any advice on which data packs I should start with? When playing with friends I have mostly used Criminal and Jenteki.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Saltrelli
United States
Hilton
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play Criminal and Jinteki then definitely pick up the deluxe expansion that just came out, Honor and Profit. Other than that, try browsing a card database like NetrunnerDB, see which cards you want and buy those data packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
What Lies Ahead and Opening Moves (the first pack of the Genesis and Spin cycle) both have many needed upgrades to Corp.

I'd say decide which factions you like the most and seek out packs with specific cards for that faction. Let us know what you want to play and I'm sure we can give you better suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McCoy
msg tools
Honor and Profit, especially for Jinteki. Hands down.

Top 4 Jinteki Data Packs in my opinion:
1) Double Time
2) True Colors
3) Opening Moves
4) Trace Amount

You'll get most of the good Jinteki cards (except Sundew) and the other Jinteki ID: Replicating Perfection

With those four packs you'd get some good Criminal cards, you'd miss a couple of the best (in terms of current meta) cards for Criminal though (like Emergency Shutdown and Faerie). Outside that you'd have a very strong Jinteki and Criminal for 4 data packs at assuming $10-$11 a pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
smoonHooch wrote:
I recently bought my first Android Netrunner Core Set and am looking to expand my collection. Any advice on which data packs I should start with? When playing with friends I have mostly used Criminal and Jenteki.

Thoughts?

I would pick up:
1. Honor and Profit (the deluxe expansion that has cards for both factions)
2. What Lies Ahead (because it bolsters all corporations)
3. Humanity's Shadow (because it contains Andromeda, probably the best Criminal ID)
4. Opening Moves (because it contains Jackson Howard, an essential Criminal card)
5. Double Time (because it contains Caprice Nisei, a frightfully good Jinteki card)

After that, buy packs as you need for specific decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyber Exodus and Future Proof will give you some fun to play cards for starters. Just my 2 credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:

4. Opening Moves (because it contains Jackson Howard, an essential Criminal card)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Schneider
United States
California
flag msg tools
MavericK96 wrote:
trenttsd wrote:

He's so good, it's criminal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Beginner's Guide To Expanding Netrunner

This is a thread I made on the topic, it covers everything through Spin. I'll he updating it with the newest expansion soon. Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
smoonHooch wrote:

Thoughts?

I would pick up:
1. Honor and Profit (the deluxe expansion that has cards for both factions)
2. What Lies Ahead (because it bolsters all corporations)
3. Humanity's Shadow (because it contains Andromeda, probably the best Criminal ID)
5. Double Time (because it contains Caprice Nisei, a frightfully good Jinteki card)

After that, buy packs as you need for specific decks.

I think my playstyle tends toward Shaper. For Shapers, Creation and Control really opened up their ability to wield their deck like a Swiss Army knife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like playing as Criminal, Jinteki, Haas-Bioroid, or Shaper, first pick up the deluxe expansion (Honor & Profit for Criminal and Jinteki, Creation & Control for Shaper and Haas-Bioroid). And pick up What Lies Ahead (Possibly the only data pack that is a "must-have".

If you like Anarch, NBN, and/or Weyland, it's a little more difficult, and I think everyone else can do a better job helping you out.

But before you pick up any expansions, I would highly recommend trying out each faction several times, to truly understand which ones you like best. I'll tell you from experience, it took me a very long time to figure out, and even now (after I have about 7 data packs and 1 deluxe expansion), I'm still not sure which corp I like playing as.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoobajoo wrote:
A Beginner's Guide To Expanding Netrunner

This is a thread I made on the topic, it covers everything through Spin. I'll he updating it with the newest expansion soon. Check it out!

Awesome Guide, I searched the forums for something like this but I couldn't find anything this recent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! I am going to start with Honor and Profit and Future Proof for some criminal swag, and What Lies Ahead to expand Corp basics. After that I think Humanity's Shadow (for Kati Jones) is on deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
smoonHooch wrote:
Thanks all! I am going to start with Honor and Profit and Future Proof for some criminal swag, and What Lies Ahead to expand Corp basics. After that I think Humanity's Shadow (for Kati Jones) is on deck.

Sounds solid, have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.