Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had an unusual situation come up --I had no one in my unused worker pool and had exactly enough happiness. Early in the following round, another player ended the age, and we lost two yellow tokens. Before my turn, the Emigration event came out "Each civilization loses half of its discontent workers, rounded up (return to yellow bank)".

For reference, the English rules on Happiness say:
"Discontent workers do not work. To keep track of your discontent workers, move 1 yellow token from your unused worker pool to your happy face indicator for each missing happy face. Thus, for each section to the left of your happy face marker black, you will either have yellow tokens in your yellow bank or a discontent worker token on the indicator.

Yellow tokens representing discontent workers are not considered to be in your yellow bank. In fact, they are still considered to be in your unused worker pool. You are allowed to use them to build new buildings, farms, and mines. You do not have to worry about discontent workers until production and maintenance."

"Uprising
If you have more discontent workers than you have unused workers, you have an uprising on your hands. During an uprising, you skip your production and maintenance phase."

So my question is do I have discontent workers when the event comes out or do I not have discontent workers until production and maintenance on my turn?

TIA for your input, or if this was resolved earlier and I just missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your situation you had a discontent worker, he just wasnt in the unused worker pool. You would need to lose a worker due to the event, which would mean removing a person from a building or military unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.