Subject: My thoughts on Dragon Slayer... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Shaw
United Kingdom
Edington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been lucky enough to have had the chance to play test a number of different versions of Dragon Slayer over the last year or so. Dave Mortimer, the designer of the game, has brought this game to two clubs that I go to - Chippenham Board Games Club and Bath Gaming Group. This final version packs a lot of fun into a small box and 10 to 15 minutes. As well as moving quickly the final version of Dragon Slayer has an excitement that builds on a player's turn and moments of tricky decision making.

The Prototype Dice

Since the addition of the challenge rules the increase in player interaction has made the game into something a bit special. Now, you may choose to try and avoid making yourself a target of a challenge by banking points early. Hopefully the other players will use their challenges on each other and then you'll be free to go about your Dragon Slaying without any outside interference. Or, if you're the riskiest of risk takers you will want to be challenged so that you can go for double points. You'll also be paying close attention to how the other players are doing so you can challenge them at just the right moment and bag yourself some bonus points.

I enjoy push your luck games and Dragon Slayer is no exception. In terms of complexity I would say that this game fits somewhere in between those other great push your luck games Zombie Dice and Incan Gold. If you like either of those games I'm pretty sure you'll like Dragon Slayer too. Of course, if you like cool dice you'll like this game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.