Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Made this last night and I am reading the rules now. Can't wait to play this. As my wife was born and raised in Poland and still has a lot of family back there, what has been going on in the Ukraine hits home a little more. Can't wait to play this. Thanks Brian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!

I can relate the daily news to things that can happen in the game, but I am not sure which Strategic Round we are in...

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Gordon, can you walk us through this production? What did you use to make such a beautiful set?

I own a Canon inkjet that prints on 8 1/2" x 11". I assume you used photo paper to get the rich colors and then mounted them on cardboard?

What do I need to make this PnP come to reality if you don't mind me asking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I own a Canon inkjet that prints 8.5 x 11, which I used to make my set, and I'm the designer!

I printed the counters out on a plain white single-sheet label that I stuck to cardboard - note they are reversed so you can easily make double-sided counters (neutralized on the other side), and the sticker sheet makes gluing unnecessary.
I printed the cards on red and yellow cardstock, easy to find at Staples etc..

Gordon has expanded the map to 22x17, which gives a lot more room and is great if you can manage it.
If you scale up the supplied PDF file you can get it to print out on four sheets as he has done.
You will have to do a bit of trimming to make it fit perfectly.

Brian

PS: On Friday I heard from one of the testers at VPG - appears they haven't forgotten about this game after all - they'll get back to work on it at some point and it will be out in due course (I don't think it will make the anniversary...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
I own a Canon inkjet that prints 8.5 x 11, which I used to make my set, and I'm the designer!

I printed the counters out on a plain white single-sheet label that I stuck to cardboard - note they are reversed so you can easily make double-sided counters (neutralized on the other side), and the sticker sheet makes gluing unnecessary.

Gordon has expanded the map to 22x17, which gives a lot more room and is great if you can manage it.
If you scale up the supplied PDF file you can get it to print out on four sheets as he has done.

Brian

PS: On Friday I heard from one of the testers at VPG - appears they haven't forgotten about this game after all - they'll get back to work on it at some point and it will be out in due course (I don't think it will make the anniversary...)

Well VPG better move on it quickly. Your game made the cut for BGG's best Print and Play nominees. I gave it the highest vote.

I hope you win!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
ltmurnau wrote:

Brian

Well VPG better move on it quickly. Your game made the cut for BGG's best Print and Play nominees. I gave it the highest vote.

I hope you win!!

I happen to work at a place that has a really good printer, one I can use for free, and it prints really glossy bold pages, so makes the counters look good. I just print stuff out, use Tacky Spray (Spray on glue) to spray the sheet, then slap it on some poster board (the thinner kind) and then use a scrap booking straight edge cutter to get nice straight cuts. BINGO, done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
ltmurnau wrote:

Brian

I hope you win!! :chalice:

Oh wow, I didn't know I had been nominated!
(I didn't even know there was a contest!)
Thanks for giving it the highest vote!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, one other thing, if you are going to be doing more than a few PnP projects where you have to cut out counters, a rotary cutter is really worth the small investment ($15-20? at Michaels or some such place, mine is by Fiskars).
It looks like a small pizza cutter; one blade will last a long time if you are not cutting through really thick or hard cardboard.
This cutter, a steel ruler and a good cutting mat will make really nice counters.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.