7 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Why Cancel when you can pulse? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Helland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just curious why one would want to ever cancel when you can pulse and set up the board however you like.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main advantage of choosing Cancel over Pulse is that it locks up an additional attack pair in your opponent's discard piles, making it easier to predict his next attacks. Pulse does not do this, but it gives you positional advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Helland
msg tools
mbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
The main advantage of choosing Cancel over Pulse is that it locks up an additional attack pair in your opponent's discard piles, making it easier to predict his next attacks. Pulse does not do this, but it gives you positional advantage.

Thanks, this special action section is confusing. What happens to the base you played for the Cancel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goes back into your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Helland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Valandor wrote:
goes back into your hand.

Ah, cool. Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
sticker wrote:
Just curious why one would want to ever cancel when you can pulse and set up the board however you like.

Thanks!

I just used a Cancel in a match I played yesterday.

It was down to Beat 14, with me at 1 life and my opponent at 3. Both of us knew that one of us was going to die that turn. Pulsing would have served me no purpose...I would have rearranged the board, sure, but our characters were both fairly close range melee fighters, so giving myself range wouldn't have helped me.

Instead, I Canceled, hoping that my opponent was banking on this last attack pair, and knowing that canceling would toss it out and make it easier for me to counter them.

I lost anyway cry but, the point is, Cancel was my best option. A Pulse would not have helped me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Perepelkin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also Cancel allows for spectacular Finisher counters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.