Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened:

Turns 1 and 2 no truce cards from anyone have been played.
Turn 3 the British and the Loyalists are first and second and after their turns, it is tie ball game: 4-4 colonies each.
Continental army throws truce card and makes all out attacks to gain 1 colony 5-4.
Patriots throw truce card and just to add insult to injury score 1 more colony, 6-4. Game over Continentals and Patriots win.

This is correct? I only ask because it was kind of a cheesy win based on luck of the card draw and the turn order. If it is, I am almost tempted to house rule that at least one truce card of the opposing side is out before end of game triggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is legit. However, this can be tactically mitigated by the defending army using Command decisions wisely (eg, regrouping into an empty area in a colony the enemy controls), if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't think a house rule is necessary. I've seen the same thing happen but it is rare. And in your games case at least it went quickly and you could play another game right away with a very different ending most likely.
And as was said above the use of the command decision to foil your enemy's conquest of a colony is very important and often overlooked IMO.

That said, clearly the game is flawed and broken. I don't even think they play tested it.

By the way, that's a joke with some of my gaming buddies about the game, and we say it usually when one of us is losing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd like to add that, if a case where you're being attacked in the last area you control in a colony (thereby giving your opponent full control), using a command decision to retreat into an empty space in the same colony would serve the exact same purpose (keep the game tied by end of Round 3). However, if the enemy is attempting to reduce the number of colonies you hold by attacking, then this obviously won't work.

As Steve said, Command Decisions can be used quite effectively against the attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm not going to house rule it. I've played enough times that I can see it wouldn't happen often, and yeah, it least it was quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronin Daimyo
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something similar happened to us last night.

British were leading 5 to 2 or 3 going into turn four. The British side went last in turn three and first in turn four and had the loyalist treaty out since turn two since that was their only movement card.

At the end of turn four the Americans both pullout their treaties and the George Washington card for a total of nine armies to move in the last turn. Game ends Americans 5 Brits 3.

We lost shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.