Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Murphy
England
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's my build for a Jinteki FA deck:

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (9)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Asset (5)
3x Project Junebug (Core Set)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••

Upgrade (4)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ••••• •
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (10)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)
2x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (6)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set) •••
3x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (3)
3x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (4)
1x Shadow (Core Set) •
3x Guard (Honor and Profit)

ICE (3)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

12 influence spent (maximum 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Any c&c appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Neufeld
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I was running my PE Trick of Light deck I sometimes got bottlenecked if I couldn't draw my Ice Walls (or one game where I failed to draw my Tricks). No Ice Wall, no Fast Advance. I see you have San San to help cover that hole (I went strictly ToL + Archived Memories in that deck). You have Project Junebug to cover that gap as well, but I'm not sure it'll work - Junebugs are easy to get rid of, and if you're siphoned you can't even trigger them to make it hurt.

I notice you have a Rush Ice package, but Fast Advance tricks. I'm not sure that'll line up very well. Once breakers are out, HQ and R&D will get pillaged badly. It'll cost 2c to get into R&D, so Indexing becomes a trivial play (and now that we have Planned Assault, it'll be an even easier play to make out of faction).

So I would like to introduce you to my Tennin Biotics deck:

BioticTricks Tennin (49 cards)

Tennin Institute: The Secrets Within

Agenda (9)
3 Braintrust
3 Medical Breakthrough
1 Philotic Entanglement
2 The Future Perfect

Upgrade (3)
3 Caprice Nisei

Operation (20)
2 Archived Memories ••••
2 Biotic Labor ••••• •••
3 Celebrity Gift
2 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund
2 Interns
3 Medical Research Fundraiser
3 Trick of Light

Barrier (5)
2 Bastion
3 Ice Wall •••

Code Gate (5)
2 Enigma
3 Inazuma

Sentry (7)
1 Komainu
2 Neural Katana
2 Swordsman
2 Tsurugi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Murphy
England
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good point about the ice - had a bit of a revision:
Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (9)
3x Braintrust (What Lies Ahead)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)

Asset (4)
2x Project Junebug (Core Set)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••

Upgrade (4)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ••••• •
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (11)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (4)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set) ••
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (2)
2x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (5)
2x Shadow (Core Set) ••
1x Tsurugi (True Colors)
2x Guard (Honor and Profit)

ICE (5)
2x Shiro (Honor and Profit)

12 influence spent (maximum 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

I got the Shadows in there to protect against siphons (plus for TOL) and I can stick a caprice on there or rnd if i am more worried about that than protecting my remote. Shiro is protecting rnd hopefully. Still not totally sure about the ice set up, but wanted to make it as sound as possible before I go play tomorrow, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Neufeld
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
murphydave wrote:

ICE (5)
2x Shiro (Honor and Profit)

... Shiro is protecting rnd hopefully.

Shiro won't do much without something intimidating in R&D to hit them with (Snare! / Shock! / or at least Fetal AI). None of those are going to fit into this deck, IMO. Shiro will be extra sad when they installed R&D Interface and can dig your R&D from the outer most piece of ICE.

Without program destruction, Chimera is probably only going to help you get your first agenda scored. After that, it's a liability. Worse, if they're primarily running an AI breaker it loses all its value because you have nothing to punish AI breakers (no Swordsman, no Wraparound). Even in the best case, if it's not in your first 10 cards, it probably won't be worth playing it.

I'd take Chimera and Shiro and replace them with a more taxing package. Even in front of a tiny ETR ice, Inazuma demands you break it to get through, so that's a possibility. Or you could drop the SanSans and have lots of influence to bring in Tollbooth and Hive.

I haven't yet figured out what it is that will make Harmony MedTech shine as an identity (which is why I went with Tennin for my FA deck). But overall I feel it will work better as a Rush identity with Snare/ShiKyu punishment than as a Fast Advance identity. If you can make it work though, all the power to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're relying on FA for Jinteki there's no reason in the world not to run Mushin No Shin. For 2 clicks you get to set a trap (or any card really... though I wouldn't recommend your San Sans. Now they're even better to trash) and 3 free advancement tokens to be moved around later with TOL. Advancement counters are expensive. Mushin gives you a whole heap of them for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ruman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I was thinking of putting together a similar deck (with biotics over san san). A few things come to mind looking at your list.

- Only having 1 advanceable thing for the tricks of light seem to make deck inconsistent. I would consider dumping the fast track, and possible interns (although do like me some Caprice-tricks), and getting some advanceable traps to be also be ToL batteries.

- Agree with comment above about Mushin, you get the install and 3 free advance tokens for 2-clicks. It's very efficient, but would have to be on a trap or Plan B or GRDNL or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Neufeld
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wiley15 wrote:
I was thinking of putting together a similar deck (with biotics over san san). A few things come to mind looking at your list.

- Only having 1 advanceable thing for the tricks of light seem to make deck inconsistent. I would consider dumping the fast track, and possible interns (although do like me some Caprice-tricks), and getting some advanceable traps to be also be ToL batteries.

- Agree with comment above about Mushin, you get the install and 3 free advance tokens for 2-clicks. It's very efficient, but would have to be on a trap or Plan B or GRDNL or something.

My Tennin Biotics deck happily uses any piece of Ice as a ToL battery. Tennin's ability doesn't depend on the card to be advanceable under normal conditions. The Ice Walls are actually backup for when the Runner is really aggressive and I can't stop them from making successful runs. I try not to put more than 2 advancement tokens on anything other than an Ice Wall though, because that makes it more Parasite resistant.

Fast Track is there for the Medical Breakthrough play. If 2 of them have been scored, I can Fast Track -> install -> Trick/Biotics for the last 2 points in a single turn.

Interns are a newer addition to keep Caprice around. She is excellent for stopping Sipon/Indexing plays, and if they are bounced it is not considered a successful run.

djc6535 wrote:
If you're relying on FA for Jinteki there's no reason in the world not to run Mushin No Shin. For 2 clicks you get to set a trap (or any card really... though I wouldn't recommend your San Sans. Now they're even better to trash) and 3 free advancement tokens to be moved around later with TOL. Advancement counters are expensive. Mushin gives you a whole heap of them for free.

Tennin Biotics needs no traps! Tennin Biotics wants no traps!

Honestly, there is exactly zero room in this build for Mushin No Shin AND something to put it on. Tennin gets advancement tokens easily if centrals are big, and I don't want even a temporary external server to allow nonsense like Bank Jobs and Security Testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maëlig B
msg tools
I don't get why you run junebug with a FA / never advance strategy, seems like you would see them coming from miles away. Besides they get easily countered by a timely syphon or deus ex. Shock or snare would be stronger here, imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ProphetOfCod wrote:

Tennin Biotics needs no traps! Tennin Biotics wants no traps!

Honestly, there is exactly zero room in this build for Mushin No Shin AND something to put it on. Tennin gets advancement tokens easily if centrals are big, and I don't want even a temporary external server to allow nonsense like Bank Jobs and Security Testing.

It's not about the traps. It's about getting 6 clicks worth of advancement tokens for 2 (Plus a free install). And it doesn't have to be a trap. You can advance Caprice or Jackson Howard with it if you want. He also ALREADY has Junebug in play... so yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Murphy
England
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maelig wrote:
I don't get why you run junebug with a FA / never advance strategy, seems like you would see them coming from miles away. Besides they get easily countered by a timely syphon or deus ex. Shock or snare would be stronger here, imo.

It's to load up for the TOL - considering swapping it out for some more advance-able ice though, still not really had the chance to test the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.