Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much information except that this project WAS with a publisher, but now isn't? Also, something vague about not doing add-ons in favor of getting the game published? Anyone's feelings on this? :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cardboard Jungle Podcast
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew...the publisher is still there as far as I know...but they are going to print the game AFTER Joshua has fulfilled the KS campaign. The publisher is listed right on the game page here on BGG...it hasn't been a secret for a long time. Joshua was under the impression that he could add the KS backer copies onto the publishers print run but they are not ready to publish the game as they have other projects they are working on first. The publisher publicly stated on Facebook that they were not responsible for the KS backer copies and were not doing anything with the game until those promises were fulfilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. That may be the case but that isn't how the update read. I haven't been following this more closely than reading the KS updates, sorry for missing out on those additional details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnEvenWeirderMove wrote:
Not much information except that this project WAS with a publisher, but not isn't? Also, something vague about not doing add-ons in favor of getting the game published? Anyone's feelings on this? :/

I was also disheartened and disturbed by this update. I have been overly optimistic until this point. But it sounds like the project is being restarted, as going for manufacturing quotes is something that I would imagine is commonly done before the kickstarter campaigns are run or shortly after. I expect at least another year if there are no more delays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cardboard Jungle wrote:
Drew...the publisher is still there as far as I know...but they are going to print the game AFTER Joshua has fulfilled the KS campaign. The publisher is listed right on the game page here on BGG...it hasn't been a secret for a long time. Joshua was under the impression that he could add the KS backer copies onto the publishers print run but they are not ready to publish the game as they have other projects they are working on first. The publisher publicly stated on Facebook that they were not responsible for the KS backer copies and were not doing anything with the game until those promises were fulfilled.

That makes it sound like we will be getting an obsolete edition of the game. Two versions by two parties that are not in agreement. What is to say that the published version will even have the same art? All future support of the game will be by the publisher so expansions will be for that version. No KS add-ons and little chance of future support?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he's going to be losing money to do this printing maybe we could help by just being ok with accepting a refund?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alecc
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I spent more time clipping chits than playing games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
If he's going to be losing money to do this printing maybe we could help by just being ok with accepting a refund?

I'm sure that's the catch. Much of the KS funds are likely locked up in various places

* Art
* Amazon Services Fees ~5%
* KS fees ~5%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:

We should all just get him to buy us a copy of the published version in two years or whenever it is that it will emerge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlock wrote:
dond80 wrote:

We should all just get him to buy us a copy of the published version in two years or whenever it is that it will emerge.

Based on the publishers statements, it sounds like there will never be a published version until AFTER kickstarter copies have been delivered.

The bottom line here is that Josh needs to print the game as promised (no female pilgrims or whatever, but everything included that he promised during the campaign) , ship it to his backers, and then make up any financial losses with royalties from retail sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedyox wrote:
mlock wrote:
dond80 wrote:

Based on the publishers statements, it sounds like there will never be a published version until AFTER kickstarter copies have been delivered.

The bottom line here is that Josh needs to print the game as promised (no female pilgrims or whatever, but everything included that he promised during the campaign) , ship it to his backers, and then make up any financial losses with royalties from retail sales.

Where is the publisher statement? I couldn't find it. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlock wrote:
Speedyox wrote:
mlock wrote:
dond80 wrote:

Where is the publisher statement? I couldn't find it. Thanks

The Cardboard Jungle cited the publisher's facebook page in another thread. I checked into it at that time and saw it for myself, but don't remember where it is at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Cardboard Jungle Podcast
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the posts from Passport on their FB page when I publicly asked them what was going on with Salem in regards to the KS backers.

Passport Game Studios Passport has absolutely nothing to do with the production, fulfillment or kickstarter campaign for that game. We haven't been involved in the process, and won't be until the main retail print run hits our warehouse. And they haven't told us when that will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.