Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I love and adore Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Voyage of the Beagle (Vol. 1)
I love and adore this image:

It´s the Portal edition.

Now, in my collection page, I see this image:

It´s the Z-Man edition.

Is this standard now?
I don´t like it!
I want my Portal Edition Image!

Is this the right place to post this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
In your collection entry, mark your copy as the Portal edition using the “Version” field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
BGG sometimes changes the primary title and/or representative image to that of a new release. There is no default version recorded when you add an entry to your collection. (Perhaps there should be; your objection is a common one.) The workaround is to select a version when you add an entry. This could include games you don't own but have played, if noting the version you played is important to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
In your collection entry, mark your copy as the Portal edition using the “Version” field.

Thanks a bunch!!
Looks (and feels) much better now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maho wrote:
Is this the right place to post this?

Nope - admins will probably move it to HowToBGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
LurkingMeeple wrote:
BGG sometimes changes the primary title and/or representative image to that of a new release.

Users submit an image to be representative, and then users vote on whether to implement it or not through geekmod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
LurkingMeeple wrote:
BGG sometimes changes the primary title and/or representative image to that of a new release.

Users submit an image to be representative, and then users vote on whether to implement it or not through geekmod.

That´s alright.
I just felt "overruled" when I saw this image in my personal game collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have personally submitted a few game versions so I can get the collection to show a picture of my exact game. You can also specify a custom version for a game with any picture you like (like Bagatelle, Chess and Korona in my collection).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to expand on what's been said, you can enter any image you want, and you can also customize the title. If it's a standard version that others would be interested in (like Voyage of the Beagle), it would be great to have it as an official version. But maybe you have a chess set, or a misc gaming accessory, and you want to call it "Uncle Bob's Chess Set" or "Glass Stones". You can double-click the title space in the version info to give it a custom name. The version field has custom fields, for an image id

(I use this image of my chess set for my collection thumbnail: )

and other custom info.

This is also useful if, say, you have the Puerto Rico Anniversary Edition, but you want to consider it a version of Puerto Rico. Custom title, insert image number, voila!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.