Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested in the mini poker chips (reviewed here:Mini clay poker chips on the cheap (review)), the web site has a 10% off sale going on through 5/11/2014. The discount code is "mom10".

Edit: the direct link to the mini poker chips is http://www.discountpokershop.com/clearance-300pc-gram-suited.... It is in the thread linked above but it was suggested to place a direct link here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Discount Poker Shop (Mini Poker Chips) Mother's Day discount
Someone else gave this tip before that the shipping jump is at 5 sets, so up to 4 sets should give you the best shipping, if you need or want that many sets or if others go in on it with you.

HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:
For anyone interested in the mini poker chips (reviewed here:Mini clay poker chips on the cheap (review)), the web site has a 10% off sale going on through 5/11/2014. The discount code is "mom10".

Because it's just what every mom would love! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they have a rotating sequence of 10% off codes that exist throughout most of the year. These are awesome chips (I have 2 sets) but if you miss the 'MOM10' discount then you probably won't need to wait long until the next 10% off code gets circulated. Unless they became stingy with the codes since the last time I checked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.discountpokershop.com/clearance-300pc-gram-suited...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought these last December in a similar sale and just wanted to say that I am very happy with them. They have a very nice weight to them despite being so small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to wipe mine off a bit but that was about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they have a rotating sequence of 10% off codes that exist throughout most of the year.

I believe you are correct, this is one of those essentially "perpetual" hot deals... like LdV for $9.99 from CSI used to be

tebald wrote:
Someone else gave this tip before that the shipping jump is at 5 sets, so up to 4 sets should give you the best shipping, if you need or want that many sets or if others go in on it with you.

also correct imho... for me, fedex ground always cheapest with...

1 set, + $9.30 ship
2 sets, + $13.20 ship = $6.60/set
3 sets, + $17.40 ship = $5.80/set
4 sets, + $21.28 ship = $5.32/set
5 sets, + $30.88 ship = $6.18/set

these look like they ship from CA and I'm in NH (cross country)... those closer likely will actually get a good deal, for me shipping still breaks the deal

base poster, btw some info you might want to include in subject/etc can be found in the pinned thread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/656400/whats-a-hot-deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I'm in Ca and the shipping jump isn't a lot for me. For 3 sets it's $8.60 shipping to 4 sets at $9.14 shipping and 5 sets about $17 almost double.

In Ca world it would work out as
3 sets, + $8.60 ship = $2.86/set
4 sets, + $9.14 ship = $2.28/set
5 sets, + $17 ship = $3.40/set

I guess when you break it down per unit it seems much different but the $9.14 to the $17 seems like a jump.

Another way for you to look at it could be
1 set, + $9.30 ship
2 sets, + $13.20 ship = an increase of $3.90
3 sets, + $17.40 ship = an increase of $4.20
4 sets, + $21.28 ship = an increase of $3.72
5 sets, + $30.88 ship = an increase of $9.60

Clearly there's a jump between 4 sets and 5 but you have your option on how to present the data.

JeffyJeff wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they have a rotating sequence of 10% off codes that exist throughout most of the year.

I believe you are correct, this is one of those essentially "perpetual" hot deals... like LdV for $9.99 from CSI used to be

tebald wrote:

also correct imho... for me, fedex ground always cheapest with...

1 set, + $9.30 ship
2 sets, + $13.20 ship = $6.60/set
3 sets, + $17.40 ship = $5.80/set
4 sets, + $21.28 ship = $5.32/set
5 sets, + $30.88 ship = $6.18/set

these look like they ship from CA and I'm in NH (cross country)... those closer likely will actually get a good deal, for me shipping still breaks the deal

base poster, btw some info you might want to include in subject/etc can be found in the pinned thread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/656400/whats-a-hot-deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

It looks like they have a coupon code active for one week out of every month. Sometimes it's %5, sometimes it's %10 (though the last 3 months it has been %10.
I got these chips a few months ago (naturally it was only a 5% discount period), and I love them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tineren wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

It looks like they have a coupon code active for one week out of every month. Sometimes it's %5, sometimes it's %10 (though the last 3 months it has been %10.
I got these chips a few months ago (naturally it was only a 5% discount period), and I love them.
I was under the impression that the continuous, rolling discount was 5%. That's the discount I got in March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
Tineren wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I was under the impression that the continuous, rolling discount was 5%. That's the discount I got in March.

Ah, that could be. So everyone checking the site gets a 5% "discount" and they email out 10% discounts once a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These chips are so cheap that they don't need a discount. They're really one of my best gaming buys, and I take a set wherever I play. Since they're so cheap, you can buy multiple sets to make a mix that you'll be happiest with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find where to enter the discount code on the site (paypal checkout). The shipping is $9.30 on these, so not quite the ten buck steal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
I can't find where to enter the discount code on the site (paypal checkout).

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
I can't find where to enter the discount code on the site (paypal checkout). The shipping is $9.30 on these, so not quite the ten buck steal.

I don't know about Paypal checkout. If you use a credit card directly, there is a place for the discount code.

Yes, shipping is expensive; these chips are not light. If you read the linked thread, you'll see that they charge basically the same shipping for up to 4 sets. Find some friends to split an order (that's what I did).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
Yes, shipping is expensive; these chips are not light. If you read the linked thread, you'll see that they charge basically the same shipping for up to 4 sets. Find some friends to split an order (that's what I did).

even splitting shipping on 4 it still comes out to ~ $15/set

maybe it hasn't come up often but I got my 300 piece 11.5 gram set for $20 shipped... paying $15 for a set (and having to try to get 3 others in on an order) for me at least isn't a hot deal.. especially when this 10% vs. usual 5% simple saves 50 cents a set

ymmv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There might be better deals on 11.5g chips, but not on these minis. A lot of people, myself included, would prefer these smaller chips for games as they take up less table space. Personal preference though.

In fact, the mini clay chips are really hard to find at all, much less for a price like this. Hot deal IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fleischman
United States
Lemont
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

used to be??? You mean I missed it? AAAAAAUUGH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gjfleischman wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

used to be??? You mean I missed it? AAAAAAUUGH!
thank goodness... now maybe my trade fodder copies can someday be worth at least what I paid for them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubman23 wrote:
There might be better deals on 11.5g chips, but not on these minis. A lot of people, myself included, would prefer these smaller chips for games as they take up less table space. Personal preference though.

In fact, the mini clay chips are really hard to find at all, much less for a price like this. Hot deal IMO.

but perpetual none the less, an extra 50 cents off imho by itself is not "hot", lol

like i said ymmv, let me know when they offer free shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedyox wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:
I can't find where to enter the discount code on the site (paypal checkout).

This.

There is a box to enter the discount code during paypal checkout-- it is near the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
TedMarshall wrote:

even splitting shipping on 4 it still comes out to ~ $15/set

maybe it hasn't come up often but I got my 300 piece 11.5 gram set for $20 shipped... paying $15 for a set (and having to try to get 3 others in on an order) for me at least isn't a hot deal.. especially when this 10% vs. usual 5% simple saves 50 cents a set

ymmv

fwiw that actually is a 500 piece set, from 2 years ago, see

[DEAD DEAL] 500-Piece 11.5-Gram Poker Chips $19.99 (& free ship) at Best Buy deal of day Sun Aug 5 2012

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rayman rayman

foolerton
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that was quick, got my 2 sets today. Time to get the fish... err.. coworkers into a game after work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.