Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
Soontir Fel - Push the Limit, Royal Tie Guard, Stealth Devince, Hull Upgrade - 36 pts
Turr Phenir - Veteran Instincts, Royal Tie Guard, Stealth Device, Hull Upgrade - 32 pts
Tetran Cowall - Veteran Insticts, Royal Tie Guard, Stealth Device, Hull Upgrade - 31 pts

I'm planning on taking this list to a league game tonight. I think I have a decent chance against Han Shoots First if I win initiative and can keep at least one of the fighters from having a good shot each turn. Double Falcons will kill me, of course. Firesprays and Tie Swarms, I'm not sure about. What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:
Soontir Fel - Push the Limit, Royal Tie Guard, Stealth Devince, Hull Upgrade - 36 pts
Turr Phenir - Veteran Instincts, Royal Tie Guard, Stealth Device, Hull Upgrade - 32 pts
Tetran Cowall - Veteran Insticts, Royal Tie Guard, Stealth Device, Hull Upgrade - 31 pts

I'm planning on taking this list to a league game tonight. I think I have a decent chance against Han Shoots First if I win initiative and can keep at least one of the fighters from having a good shot each turn. Double Falcons will kill me, of course. Firesprays and Tie Swarms, I'm not sure about. What do you guys think?

Per your math (I didn't check it) your list comes to 99 points, so you should have initiative. A recommendation would be to drop the hull upgrade on Soontir and add a Targeting computer. This gives you 2 extra points and you can upgrade the two Hulls to an extra shield, which will come in very handy against a Marksmanship/Gunner Falcon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how did you go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
Not great. My first opponent flew an XBA list, with each pilot carrying a missile or torp. I beat him, but he was very new to the game. My second opponent flew an XXXB list with Wedge. He got an early lead, I almost came back, but he won with two ships on the board. My last opponent flew XBAHWK. I got some terrible die rolls and lost horribly. I gave up with one ship on the board and the other guy still having all four. If my luck had been more even I think I still would have lost, but with a closer fight.

I think my biggest problem was putting so many points in defense and playing too aggressively. If I flew these pilots again I'd probably take Targeting Computer as suggested above, but I think I'm going to do a list based on 2 or 3 Firesprays next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how competitive it is yet, but I've been trying something that EnglishPete on the FFG forums came up with, and it's been really fun, though it does require flying your interceptors in formation.

Soontir (27) + Swarm (2)+ Hull (3) = 32
Royal Guard (22) + Swarm (2) + Hull (3) = 27
Saber (21) + Swarm (2) = 23
Alpha Squad (18)

It's kind of hard to use your whole squad to flank, esp. since boosting with all of them can mess with formations, but since they all shoot at PS9 you don't need to get all the way behind the enemy, just to the side enough to split a little bit of fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Aggressive Interceptors is going to lead to Zero Interceptors.

Once you get out of the Rebel "slam in, roll, kill" mindset, Interceptors are awesome. But all my problem were because I depended on dice rather than maneuvering to keep them alive.

You have a good looking squad. Problem is no synergy, 9+ HP, and your main strength is shooting first.

Mitigating return fire has to be your #1 priority when , osing 1 ship is game loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reminded of that last point yet again this past weekend. Both Turr and Fel were killed when I attempted to pilot them as heavy brawlers instead of dancing around the edges of the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.