Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been collecting Carcassonne pretty much since it came out. I have nearly every expansion--I think the only ones I might be missing are the ones that never came out in an English edition.
I just don't have the money and shelf space to keep up with it though, since the Carc. train shows no signs of slowing down.

If I want to sell the lot, I'm curious what everyone thinks will be the best way? To bundle it all together would probably be such a high price point that it would have few/interested parties. I could try to sell it off piecemeal, especially the rare parts, which would probably get me a better price for those portions, but it would be more work for me with shipping and all. Plus, after I sold the desired chunks, I'd still be left with probably several expansions, and I'm not sure if there's much demand for a Carcasonne set with just a few expansions.

So...what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there some reason that your only choices are to buy every expansion or sell the entire collection? If you still enjoy it, why not stop where you are, or trim the expansions you use and/or enjoy least?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Is there some reason that your only choices are to buy every expansion or sell the entire collection? If you still enjoy it, why not stop where you are, or trim the expansions you use and/or enjoy least?

I actually kind of am doing what you suggest. I'm keeping Carcassonne: The City, the standalone game in the wooden box. That one is nice and simple and is enough for when I want to play Carcassonne. Plus, Carc. itself has fallen a bit out of favor in my group, so it doesn't get played much anyway. So it seems a good candidate to sell it all--make some money, clear lots of shelf space, and get rid of something not played often while retaining the ability to play Carcassonne with the standalone game that I'm keeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were going to buy an entire collection (or a big lot of games/expansions) I would be expecting a significant price decrease because I'm taking it all from you (the stuff I want and the stuff I don't really want) and you get it all sold in one shot. I'd expect a really good deal.

But if I'm buying 1 or 2 expansions, I'm expecting the usual used game prices... approx. 30%-50% off retail prices - unless it's a rare or OP game.

So I guess it depends on how much you're expecting to get for the collection and how quickly you're hoping to unload it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time is not an issue, so that works in my favor. I haven't actually gone through everything in the collection to figure out a price range. Sounds like a project for this week though. Off the top of my head, it seems like $100 should be the minimum considering everything included, but I'll have a better idea soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks. Is there an easy way to find out if something is out of print? I honestly don't keep track to know which expansions are out of print, unless they're not available from online stores, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Culp Smash
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryansdavis wrote:
I've been collecting Carcassonne pretty much since it came out. I have nearly every expansion--I think the only ones I might be missing are the ones that never came out in an English edition.
I just don't have the money and shelf space to keep up with it though, since the Carc. train shows no signs of slowing down.

Could you clarify what you mean by, nearly every expansion, please?

I think that if you list what you have here, there would be a number of folks who would bite. Including me, possibly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. I'd kind of forgotten about this, but it will be good to catalog it and get a better of idea in the interest. I'll make it one of my projects for this week, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. I had totally forgotten about this until I got a geekmail from an interested party that prompted me. Here is my full collection:

Base game (version that has the oddly printed "Includes free River Expansion" sign on it.
River expansion that came in base game
River II, in separate box.
King & Scout (combo expansion with Hunters & Gatherers), separate box
Cult, Siege, and Creativity, in separate box
Count of Carcassonne, separate box
Phantom expansion--purple meeple case
La Porxada--not official. It's a high-res paste-up on a real Carcassonne tile from an extra set I bought for paste-ups. There is a small spot where the glue seeped through and kind of bled the image, but it's small and looks really good for a paste-up.
Little Buildings, with color-printed rules
The School (Die Schule) in bag with yellow meeple on bag and translucent purple "teacher" meeple inside.
The Expansion--this is first printing, before they changed it to be called Inns & Cathedrals
Princess & Dragon
Corn Circles I--again, paste-ups on real Carcassonne tiles, although not as high-res as Porxada.
Windrose--the real expansion, but with printed rules
all 6 Mini Expansions
The Mini Expansion, which is a separate 12-tile expansion from the above.
Traders & Builders
Abbey & Mayor
Bridges, Castles, & Bazaars
Tower
Catapult

I don't have Cathars or The Festival. I also don't have Tunnels or Plague. I used to but sold them a long time ago, expecting the "Tunnels, Plague, and Corn Circles" box that never came to the US

Ryan

So what do people think after seeing this? Better to sell piecemeal, or anybody reading this interested in the whole shebang? Obviously shipping will be a nightmare, but maybe meeting at BGG.CON is an option.

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.