Mike Marshall
United States
Sudlersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Would anyone like to join me in an order to Toccata games. I'm thinking about getting a copy of Garden Competition and Patrons of Venice. Because of the weak dollar, the games are already expensive, but shipping from Canada adds a lot to the cost as well. If anyone would like to add a copy to my order, please let me know, and we could reduce the amount of shipping per person. I live in Bowie, Maryland, so if you live close to me we could meet up when the games come in. I will also be going to the WBC in Lancaster, PA (Saturday and Sunday only) and can bring the games there as well. If there is any interest in combining orders with me, I will contact Ken Stevens to see what sort of turnaround to expect, etc. Any one interested would have to Paypal me their total once I have received a figure from Ken. Thanks and let me know if you want in...

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Be advised that even though you select "No sales tax" (or Non-Canada) when ordering from the site, Paypal still adds in another $6 worth of sales tax (on a single game order anyway).

I'm certainly not trying to dissuade you from ordering this very cool game. Just letting you know so you aren't as surprised as I was when it happened.

I wish Toccata had enough of these produced so that they could have hooked up with a U.S. distributor, but alas, it is a small, independent production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to get one of these until I saw how much it cost. It seems a little steep. It's actually more then JKLM games shipped from england.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Marshall
United States
Sudlersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know...I tried to find any other source for this game. I even asked if Ken was traveling to any of the local conventions. Last time I went to order it, I got a little sticker shock, so I passed for a time. I'm interested in the games enough to treat myself for my birthday and suck up the ridiculous costs. Thanks for the note about Paypal. I think I noticed that last time I had an order in the cart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is too bad about the high cost since both of these games look interesting.

I wonder if the publisher has tried to get a few of the games shipped over to LeValet.com (also in Canada) and have that site sell them. LeValet charged me a flat $10 Canadian to ship to the US on my last order. And no sales tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Marshall
United States
Sudlersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have ordered from LeValet.com in the past as well. I got the impression from Ken that they produce the games to order and that they prefer to handle things themselves. That's why I'm proposing this route...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider a Days of Wonder game that you might pay 40-50 dollars from a local FLGS, or an imported game such as Roads and Boats. The game Garden Competition is a very fun game, most wives enjoy it as well. It is worth getting due to how good it is compared to another game you might just trade away someday. For instance Cleopatra just game out, sells for 50 US at local store, cheaper online of course. The game is an overproduced card game, and a short fulfillment of "fun", yes, the fun-factor is low compared to the components. GC is a game I would keep over a length of time. Cleopatra I figure will go away as soon as it gets too samey. Games that take a lot of effort to get (and are good) usually stay in my collection longer. Though it gets about 2 showing a year, it is fun each time. Patrons of Venice on the other hand I was less enthused after playing it to want to play it again. Some of the rules were kinda bland, samey, dictated routes to take, "you know what you should do and not much else but that is possible). I will keep both games because of their uniqueness, but GC will see more daylight I feel. GC is worth the extra money imo, PoV might not be if I were to look at it in playing terms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jones
United Kingdom
Woodbridge
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is attending BGG.Con in November, I'm trying to put a bulk order together to reduce the shipping cost.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/122677

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.