Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lot better than I could do!

Could maybe use a few more details in the body? The big chunk of silver is a little offputting, and makes the green stand out more than it should.I assume you made the heads/arms green to indicate that these are the green-level figures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like them a lot. I don't mind the green on the shoulders, if anything a little more green on the armor might break the silver up a bit. I've never been good at picking colors so I'm definitely not one to criticize.

They look 100% better than plain green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great first job. I found as you do more you get braver and braver with the little brushes to try and do more details and risks wreaking it. The hardest thing I had to learn when I started was painting things with a brighter color then I wanted as the wash (usually thinned black paint) darkens everything by like 2 shades and then going back and repainting it. The way I did the silver was I had it as the base color and then I dry brushed metallic green or blue lightly so it didn't cover fully and was very thin see:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I painted the spider guys with the same paint scheme as the spine critters and splashed some pink so it matched the pictures in the book. I would think you can paint right over sealant as it's just clear paint but I usually don't work with it as I like the flat paint look usually and don't have to worry about rough handling so they won't get scratched. Can't wait to see how your spiders work out mine where kinda average. Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done agents!

Continue to practice and in a little time you will able to paint like these:

or even better!!!

At the end of this month, with the new KS you may have more than twice of the actual figures cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.