Hide
11 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: tournament rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
erik humphreys
msg tools
in tournament play or regular play you can have 8 characters...or do you have to have 8 character...and if you dont have 8 can you still use 20 dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you may have up to 8 characters, and up to 20 total dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tournament rules you have to have 8 characters and each characters need at least 1 die assigned to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the rules state:
Choose up to 8 cards. You can choose any mix of characters and actions (except Basic actions), and you can mix teams, heroes with villains, etc. However, you cannot choose more than one card with the same title on it, even if the cards have different subtitles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Diebold
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a question that the rulebook is vague on:

When we bring the 2 action cards to the table and provide the 3 dice, are those 3 dice part of the 20? Meaning I now only have 14 dice left?

I personally dont think this to be the case but I have some people I play with that think that may be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 23 is pretty straightforward on this:

The basic setup information for Basic teams:

Quote:
Choose up to 6 cards. You can choose any mix of characters and actions (except Basic actions),
and you can mix teams, etc. However, you cannot choose more than one card with the same title on it, even if the cards have different subtitles. For example, if you choose Iron Man, Philanthropist, you cannot also choose Iron Man, Inventor.
Choose up to 15 dice. Note that all cards have a limit on how many dice can be on the card. You cannot bring more dice than the card allows. You can bring less, of course, to make room for dice on other cards. However, each of your six cards you choose must have
at least one die assigned to it.
Each player reveals the two Basic Action cards they want on the battlefield. It is possible that both players choose the same Basic Action card(s); in that case, there are two sets of those dice available. Assign colors to each of the Basic Action cards revealed, place them in the center of the table, and place the three matching dice on each one.

Then the changes to make for tournament teams.

Quote:
For tournament competition, each player starts with 20 life. Build your team to the following specifications.

Choose two different Basic Action cards.
Choose up to 8 cards. You can choose any mix of characters and actions (except Basic actions), and you can mix teams, heroes with villains, etc. However, you cannot choose more than one card with the same title on it, even if the cards have different subtitles.
Choose up to 20 dice. Note that all cards have a limit on how many dice can be on the card. You can bring less, of course, to make room for dice on other cards. However, each of your eight cards you choose must have at least one die assigned to it.
At the tournament, reveal all the cards and dice you chose at the same time, and
simultaneously with your designated opponent.

By that, it clearly separates your basic action cards from your 8 character/non-basic action cards. just replace the italicized parts of the first ruleset with the bolded parts from the second and you have setup rules for Tournament teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UP to 8 cards and every card you choose must field at least 1 dice. so no choosing cards with no dice just to use global abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiziano Contorno
Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At any rate, the rules do not state explicitly to bring the sidekick dice and add them to the 20 max allowed dice. -.-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolfo U.
Costa Rica
San Jose
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like Kevin and Tizano asked: Does the Max # of dice that I have to bring includes the 8 sidekick AND the action Dice for the action cards?
Can I have bring only 1 action dice on a action card?
Or are the max # of dice that I can bring apart from the sidekick/action dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Follow the setup in 'Your First Game'. It has three steps
1. Set up Basic Action cards and dice (2 in 'Your First Game', otherwise 3)
2. Set up your character cards and dice
3. Take 8 sidekick and put them in your bag. Set your starting life value.

In order to do #1 and #2 you need to complete one of the 'Customizing Your Team' sections before starting the setup.

a. choose two basic action cards (these will be used in step 1 above)
b. choose up to your 8 characters
c. choose up to 20 dice for your 8 characters, do not go over the max die limit on the character cards. At least one die per card.
d. reveal your choices to your opponent and start at #1 above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigDaddyRod wrote:
Just like Kevin and Tizano asked: Does the Max # of dice that I have to bring includes the 8 sidekick AND the action Dice for the action cards?
Can I have bring only 1 action dice on a action card?
Or are the max # of dice that I can bring apart from the sidekick/action dice?

No. To be perfectly clear, here is what you bring to the table at a tournament:

2 basic action cards (plus all 4 of the action color cards)
12 basic action dice (3 each of the 4 colors)
8 sidekick dice
1 dice bag
up to 8 character/non-basic action cards
up to 20 dice for your character/non-basic action cards, min 1 on each card

The reason you bring all 4 colors of basic action identifier cards and all 12 basic action dice is because if you and your opponent both bring the same 2 colors of basic action dice, say red and gold, and have red dice on 2 different basic action cards, how are you going to keep track of which ones are for which card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.