Ben Crane
United States
Sherman Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
EDIT: Wanted to edit the top of this thread to say that I received my refund.

I generally dislike publicly calling somebody out like this, and it should be done only as a last resort. However, after failing to receive any response from Fooden after commenting on the Kickstarter page and sending him direct messages via Kickstarter and BGG, I think it has become a last resort.

When years had passed between funding and any sight of this game being delivered, several of his backers, myself included, requested refunds from Fooden in lieu of the game. He agreed and promised to pay them as soon as the game came out.

Wel... it came out and is now sold out at it's distributor, Game Salute. Still no refunds.

He did his usual shifting goalposts thing and the exact time of when refunds would go out kept getting moved back further and further. Most recently, they were to go out in Q1 2014, then in the first week in April.

As it is now May, I'm just looking for some word from Fooden as to when the next deadline he will miss is going to be. I've tried contacting him directly and gotten nothing. So now here's a forum post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same. I even messaged him at the end of February asking for either a refund or a copy of the game (to at least have SOMETHING), no response. This game and Democracy are just... thorns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Crane
United States
Sherman Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Still no response from Fooden.... his last login was yesterday, so I know he's gotten the message. Sending him another GM now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny, because there's an ad below your post that says that I could get the game from Amazon for $40.17 shipped. I paid... $45 on 09/11/11. Talk about value!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still waiting too. I just came by to do a post on this as well and saw yours. We're on the retailer pledge level too - joy! No.1 reason why we don't back any further Kickstarters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update for people. Tracked him down via FB:

Game Company No. 3 They will, and you are mistaken. The game has been "out of print" on Game Salute for a few months because 360 took back the games with a 5%+ error rate to re-work them after I yelled at them about it.

The games were then re-done in April, and JUST got shipped back to Game Salute this week, after I hounded 360 to get them back to me. So, after the first month of the game being in stock, I had to deal with 360 Manufacturing again and they cost me sales by keeping the game out of stock for four months—right after the game finally premiered. I've far from "made my money back". I spent over $7000 of my own money finishing production and shipping out the games, which has me living one step from paycheck-to-paycheck for the time being. Hopefully after Gen Con I'll have made a couple thousand back…after spending about a thousand to go to Gen Con and having a space to sell games there.

You know absoutely nothing about the business side of the hobby game market if you think I'll make much of a profit from this printing of this game.

Game Company No. 3 Since I'm on the topic, after doing some quick "back of the napkin" numbers crunching for expenses: if I sell out the entire print run of Oh My God! There's An Axe In My Head. The Game of International Diplomacy in two years, I'll have made almost half what I would have at a part-time minimum-wage job in one year.

Not including time and money spent on developing the game over the years before it came out.

Tao Roung Wong Still didn't answer the question - when are we getting our refunds?

Game Company No. 3 As soon as I can afford it. After Gen Con at the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen Con is done and gone. Did you get your refunds?

-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MainManDetroit wrote:
Gen Con is done and gone. Did you get your refunds?

-D

The answer (at least for me) is a resounding "no".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Crane
United States
Sherman Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
That would be a no here as well.

I'd keep track of the number of deadlines Fooden has missed, but I think we'd run out of numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Overby
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thank you Tao. I noticed that he was "spending about a thousand to go to GenCon" while we're still waiting on a refund from money we gave him in good faith long ago. I was only able to afford to do a day of GenCon. That promised refund would have been nice.

Loren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Overby
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It's October now. Anyone get their refunds yet?

Loren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope and he's stopped replying to messages on his FB page for his company. Anyone in the US in WA wanna take him to small claims court?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Overby
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Just wanted to post here that David has sent me the full refund for OMGTAAIMH. I also want to say that the reason I requested a refund in the first place was never about David or the game, but just about some comments that were made about another company in the industry that I found unprofessional. Wishing you the best of luck on your next game, David. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second that. Just got my refund. I am happy he came through on his word and I hope the rest of you get your refunds soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Crane
United States
Sherman Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also just received my refund

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.