7 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Dominion Case rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
a a
msg tools
Hello,

Currently I have about 2250 Dominion cards spread out across boxes. As I'm sure you know, as similar things have been asked before, this is a pain. I'm looking into storage solutions.

My cards are sleeved in sets of 10 (non-randomizer cards) for storage and unsleeved for play.

1. I saw this case but I don't think it will hold all that many cards. I like that it is lightweight, plastic, and has a handle.

2. A wooden case with a handle might be nice but are they very heavy? Wood is heavy itself, not to mention the weight of that sheer volume of cards.

3. Would something like this case fit the dominion cards? I store them vertically, but I store them so that they are lying on their long side so they don't stick out as high. IE this way. I want to have room for small dividers (I alphabetize my cards and don't separate by expansion).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the case pictured in your first option. If you remove every other divider, the compartments are perfect size for Dominion cards.
You'll need two boxes for a complete Dominion collection though. They will fit all tokens and mats, but not the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a a
msg tools
Ah, so I'd need to buy two and carry two every time I played if I continued to use my current system of not separating cards by expansion. I do really like that handle though.

Thank you so much for responding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a combination of everything suggested and not suggested to make my dominion set work.
All cards are sleeved with black backed sleeves, except Stash which has clear backed sleeves.
I bought an extra Base game and added a few (10) from the Fan expansions printed on the thinnest paper I could find, using the base cards to stick them on. Sleeved, they look exactly the same as the original cards.
Then I use a randomizer to select 1 (or 2) sets to play with.
If Black Market is one of them, I pick 25 randomizer cards at random that are not in the set itself. (have to make sure they don't need more than 1, like Tournament). Again, everything looks exactly the same.
All the selections are stored in a 500-card box. Need foam inserts to fill up empty space. Starter decks are pre-made.
It is now very easy to set up the game. Takes about 20 seconds and putting it back takes a few minutes. BM cards are the single occurrences left over.

All Dominion sets and the few extra Fan expansions fit very nicely (sleeved) in the Hobby, Lobby wooden artists box, but I don't have to carry that around with me, only the 500-card box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott o
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I don't know where you are located, but I recently bought a wooden box from hobby lobby for about$20. I made dividers to be able to store my cards vertically. There is a forum on here for printing dividers with all the rules on them for each card. This way you don't need the rule books. The box holds all expansions so it does make the box kinda heavy but nothing even close to unbearable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Hobby Lobby Artist Case. I have 1 of them to store 6 Dominion sets. I think my box might be close to 20 lb at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a a
msg tools
Thanks so much everyone!

I don't want to have two cases, and I asked around in addition to the information on this thread and think the weight will be okay, so I'm going for that Hobby Lobby case after all. We don't have a Hobby Lobby locally so I'll have time to arrange other materials before it ships. The wood looks real nice and I'm thinking of painting the Dominion logo on the front with brown & gilt paint since I'm no wood-burner or etcher (though that may be something to explore).

Was debating lining it with fabric vs. applying an oil finish (Watco Danish Oil finish seems to be a solid option), so it's nice and smooth for the cards. Leaning toward the latter. But neither may be necessary depending on what the case is like in person.

It'll be a good summer project, I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.