Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stone Circle Games

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
publisher
mb
Hey everybody! Some of you may have seen on our site that we are in the process of creating a game called Horrible Hex designed by Jon Moffat. While there hasn't been a lot of public work done on this particular game we have been working behind the scenes quite a bit. We are at the point now where we'd like to give everyone a little bit more information behind the game and have released the rules, available for download, at the link below. If you have any questions or comments we would love to hear your thoughts. After incorporating some of the feedback we get on the rules we will have a Print and Play available in a couple weeks for those who are interested.

http://stonecirclegames.com/games/horrible-hex/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hedberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I came expecting Hex rules that were horrible.

I want my money back.

Seriously though, after reading the rules, I think the organization is weird. Why do you have a section called "rules" when the whole document is rules? Why are rules about movement (like the adjacency rule and the arrow information) and scoring (goals need a moved piece to be valid, what you do when you score a goal) in different places? Some reorganization could help.

But the game is so simple I think you can get away with disorganized rules. I feel like I know how to play after reading it.

Any other issues I don't think I'd be able to see unless I played it.

Also, I don't think you need to compress a 2-page pdf of mostly text.

That's my .02¢ .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone Circle Games

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
publisher
mb
Thank you for the feedback, the organization of the rules has been the most common feedback we have received today and will definitely be updated for the next version.

Is there a particular order you like to see things when it comes to a rule book?

The file should also be a PDF instead of .zip now as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Ferezin
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree with Ian the rules are really difficult to get through since they seem to be almost in reverse order, which makes what really is a very simple game seem more confusing than it has to be.

Beyond that I feel I can't evaluate the complexity of the game without having an idea of what some of the goal cards might be, but it's a nice idea for a game. It just needs to be clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone Circle Games

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
publisher
mb
Much of the feedback has been very similar to yours Nicholas. A revised version of the rules is almost complete and will be out soon. Thank you for looking over them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.