High Frontier» Forums » Rules

Subject: Failure Not An Option for Radiation Spaces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Hall

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't believe I can't find an answer for this simple question, and I'll delete this when someone invariably points it out (thanks in advance, btw). Can you pay 4WT to avoid making a radiation-hazard roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Hall

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I just don't see this addressed anywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though the game uses the same die roll to handle crash/aerobrake hazards and radiation, thematically the difference makes perfect sense.

You can upload a better autopilot program to fly through a hazard or make an aerobrake landing safely, but you can't upload better radiation shielding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do not delete your post. Doing so will not delete the thread, and will only leave the replies to your post looking very cryptic, what with the question they responded to no longer there.

Since you so thoughtfully labeled the thread appropriately, it would be a much finer thing to leave it here in case someone comes searching for an answer to the same question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.