Hide
13 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trashing your own cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
mb
I don't remember seeing anything related in the rulebook. Can you trash any of your own cards (ICE, asset, agenda, program, resource, etc)? If yes, when?

I've been playing with the rules that allow us to trash programs , assets and agendas if we are installing another card in its spot. Would like some clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct, and yes it's in the rules. Posting and then will edit for rules

Runner side

Quote:
Programs
To install a program, the Runner pays the program's install cost and places it in his program row. Each program also has a memory cost. The Runner cannot have programs installed that have a combined memory cost greater than his available memory units (MU). The Runner begins the game with four MU, though certain card effects can increase or decrease this value.

If the MU costs of the Runner's installed programs ever exceed his available MU, he must trash his installed programs until he is no longer exceeding his available MU.

The Runner can choose to trash any number of his installed programs at the beginning of an install program action.

Programs are the only thing outside of card effects the runner can trash, and only when installing a program

Corp side
Quote:

When installing a card in a server, the Corporation can first trash any cards already installed in that server. Trashed cards go to Archives faceup if they are rezzed, and facedown if they are unrezzed.

Note that this is for cards IN a server, assets, Agendas, and Upgrades

Quote:
When the Corporation installs a piece of ice, he must install it in the outermost position in front of the server and pay an install cost equal to the number of pieces of ice already protecting that server. The outermost position is the position farthest from the server, in front of any other pieces of ice that are protecting the server.

When installing ice, the Corporation can first trash any ice protecting that server in order to reduce the install cost. Then, he installs the new piece of ice in the outermost position in front of the server.

And when installing Ice, you may trash ice protecting that server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Neufeld
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Assets/Agendas/Upgrades when you install a new card into the server.
Programs can be trashed when you install a new program (even if you don't need the MU)
ICE can be trashed when you install a new piece of ICE protecting that server.

Resources have no built-in mechanism that allows them to be trashed.

I'll get you rulebook pages in a sec.

EDIT: n/m, I'll let Taloncarde have this ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any number of Programs may be trashed when installing a Program.

Any number of ICE in a server may be trashed when installing ICE in that server (new ICE always goes outermost).

Anything in a remote may be trashed when installing something new in that remote.

Some card effects (such as Aesop's Pawnshop, Security Subcontract) will also allow you to trash your own cards for an effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
I was reading about some data packs on cardgamedb, and under Knight I saw this comment ([geekurl=http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers/_/the-spin-cycle/mala-tempora/knight-mala-tempora]LINK[/geekurl]):

"Can also pull double duty as a Parasite by possibly forcing the corp to trash the host ICE to get rid of Knight"

So that made me wonder if and when can a corp trash installed ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hius wrote:
I was reading about some data packs on cardgamedb, and under Knight I saw this comment ([geekurl=http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers/_/the-spin-cycle/mala-tempora/knight-mala-tempora]LINK[/geekurl]):

"Can also pull double duty as a Parasite by possibly forcing the corp to trash the host ICE to get rid of Knight"

So that made me wonder if and when can a corp trash installed ICE.

Simply by installing another ice in that server. They trash the ice with Knight on it and install another piece of Ice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
I understand now. Thank you all for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consoles, too. If you install a new console it will trash the existing one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwalker wrote:

I don't believe this is the case. Why do you think this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe an older version of the FAQ had this

Quote:
Can the Runner install a new console if he already has one in
play?

No. The limit of 1 console per player prevents the Runner from
installing a second console, even if the Runner wishes to trash
the first.

Found in an old post referencing an older FAQ. But at some point in updates it got left out, and I don't have all the old FAQs. I believe it's still true even if it's been left out though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Régis Hanol
France
Toulouges
flag msg tools
Taloncarde wrote:
I believe an older version of the FAQ had this

Quote:
Can the Runner install a new console if he already has one in
play?

No. The limit of 1 console per player prevents the Runner from
installing a second console, even if the Runner wishes to trash
the first.

Found in an old post referencing an older FAQ. But at some point in updates it got left out, and I don't have all the old FAQs. I believe it's still true even if it's been left out though.

For the record, the latest FAQ still states that rule (bottom right of page 9).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I did not see it when I looked and must have just glossed over

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grimwalker wrote:

No, the first Console's card text prevents you from attempting to install the second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.