Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simeon Cortezano
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone!

Hope all is well. I've been searching for a 2014 Extra-Life thread, but haven't seen one. So I apologize if there already is one. If not, then I guess this is it!

Anyways, I'll be participating in the 2014 Extra-Life Fundraiser, and wanted to let you all know. Here's a link to my Extra-Life profile page:

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/ExtraLifeSimeon

For those of you who don't know, the Extra-Life Fundraiser all leads up to a 24-hour gaming marathon. It was originally started by a group of video gamers, but has since included all different kinds of gamers. I was able to get my local game store to help me host the event in my area. We're going to have the store open from Friday, October 25 @12:00 AM to October 26 @12:00AM. We have a really big miniatures community, magic the gathering community, and we all, of course, love our board games. It's going to be a blast. If you live in Massachusetts (in particular the South Shore area), the event will be held at Battleground Games & Hobbies in Abington, Mass.

I would also love to do some giveaways to help drive the donations. They would be done off-site of course so BGG doesn't get in trouble. Does anyone know the rules in regards to promoting those kind of things in the forums? I'll do my research, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I don't want to get in trouble.

If you want to donate, by all means do so. All of the money raised from these events and the fundraisers leading up to the event go to the hospitals of the Children's Miracle Network. I'll be raising money for the Boston Children's Hospital.

So, again here's a quick summary:

My 2014 Extra-Life campaign
Name: Simeon Cortezano
Hospital: Boston Children's Hospital
Extra Life link: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/ExtraLifeSimeon
Extra Life Team: N/A

I should mention this is my first year doing this and am really motivated to break my goal of only $1000. I set it small because I don't know what to expect, but I keep feeling like I'm going to smash it every time I tell my story. Thanks for reading!

I never know where to correctly post things, and I hope this is in the right section of the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you are participating! I can't do this in October, so I am doing an Extra Life 24 hour board gaming marathon in July around my birthday. I'm going to ask everyone to support me in lieu of gifts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.