Subject: Henchmen and badges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roderick Plain
Costa Rica
Rohrmoser
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Henchmen cannot carry cards (although the rules don't say anything about receiving cards). Is there an official clarification that says what happens when a henchmen damages a normal character? Either the badge remains with the wounded character, or the badge is discarded, but I don't see a better argument for one action over the other.

As a precedent: in DOA I, Bladed Terror cannot carry cards. The official clarification in the old forums was that if he receives any card, it is discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Henchmen cannot carry/receive/deal in any way with cards. Badge transfer occurs solely among characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpitfireIXA wrote:
Henchmen cannot carry/receive/deal in any way with cards. Badge transfer occurs solely among characters.

The last sentence is not as clear as it might be, because "characters" includes henchmen (per the rulebook).

That said, this is the ruling I expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Characters" includes henchmen where applicable. The example shown under "Aliies" and "Characters" in the rulebook uses cards as the example of certain things not being applicable to henchmen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.