Hide
3 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin» Forums » General

Subject: Confused about expantions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Waste MaLife
msg tools
So we played this last night and really enjoyed it. So I went out to look at the expansion situation as more cards == better, right? Still I am really confuses.. starter packs, large expansions.. all this stuff.

Are there any repeat cards in any of those things.. or are they all unique and it doesn't really matter what I buy?

Any recommendations for expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
To help identify what each set comes with, see this chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, if you stick with Thunderstone Advance, which are the bottom six sets of the above chart, than you can get any of them. The only things repeated in the other base sets are the starting cards (regulars, longspears, torches and shards). Everything else is unique and can be used to expand the game.

Worlds Collide updates original Thunderstone cards into the Advance template, so if you get any of the original Thunderstone sets, then Worlds Collide will duplicate some of those cards. But if you stay away from the original, which is easy to do because they aren't coming back into print, and are mostly sold out everywhere, you will be fine.

And it looks like the next expansion, Into the Abyss, will include even more updated cards from the original sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.