Popular Tags: [View All]
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done a few searches for a good online shop, but not really come up with anything that has a comprehensive selection.

I have Barbarossa and the Danube. On order I have Blitzkrieg and Tank Combat so I have the basics, now need to expand my forces.

Any recommendation on what to get to balance up all sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m afraid I don`t know an online retailer; I get my stuff from local hobby stores. They just order what I`m looking for.

As for what to get:

I like infantry, so I`d recommend more of that to start with. If you can still find the original German and Soviet infantry, they come two squads to a box; I now have 9 regulars squads of Soviets and 6 German. Also a second machine gun and mortar for each side, and a few of the specialized infantry (engineers, paratroops, one medic) for each side. You`ll get a German recon team with Blitzkrieg; buy one for the Soviets. Taken all together, I think that will give you the tools to set up infantry-based tactical scenarios that don`t rely on armour.

I also recommend having at least two anti-tank guns for each army. I picked up some anti-tank rifle teams for the Soviets (two two a box again!); unfortunately the German equivalent isn`t out yet. My theme here is: give the infantry the tools to deal with tanks, to lessen the power imbalance between those unit types.

Finally, some of the light armour -- armoured cars and halftracks -- which will let you field stuff that can help nudge a fight, but remains afraid even of anti-tank rifles and absolutely terrorized by an AT gun.

With those, I think you have enough quantity and variety to play some interesting scenarios in which infantry is king and armour is just a supporting tool.

Blitzkrieg is a good purchase -- the British, hurrah! -- but that army will really come into its own when Zvezda releases a wider variety of British units to bring it more in line with the Germans and Soviets. They appear in the 2014 catalog, but we`ll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool stuff has a good selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John, a great help.

I have asked my local games store and he has obliged and said he can order AOT for me. Great news all round.

Thanks OC, helpful to see what is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Acker
China
Suzhou
Jiangsu
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how much shipping is from China to Thailand, but check out taobao.com. Lots of stores there carry it, search around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Customer Service
msg tools
publisher
mb
If you cannot find what you're looking for at your friendly local game store, you can always order from our on-line shop:

http://www.zvezda-usa.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.