Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other review at:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/the-purge-reviews-a...

Conclusion:

I am really not the target market for a game like this. If you were playing with a bunch of teenagers or drunk guys (really the same thing), I think there is fun to be had. I am not saying anybody would not have fun with this game, or that anything is wrong with you if you do, but that is who I picture playing this game.

The game is easy to learn and it isn't about who wins or loses. The game is all about having fun and throwing some cars. This game is more about the journey, and not the destination.

During this game you will throw (yes, throw) cards at the table hoping to cover icons and not cover others. There isn't a lot of strategy or planning that goes into a game like this. You can screw your neighbor and you can screw your neighbor on accident.

A stated, this is not a game for me. I don't enjoy a lot of chaos nor pointlessness. The game comes with different factions, but I am not sure it makes much of a difference.

Purge.

Components:

The bits are just a pack of cards. The cards are super nice and glossy. The art work on the back (to show the factions) is great. The side with the icons are bland, but it is exactly what you have to do for a game like this. The icons are big and easy to see.

For this game, the components are perfect.

Rule Book:

The rule book is a folded up, glossy paper. The rules are full color and have plenty of examples and pictures. The rules to this game are simple and can be taught in seconds. The only hiccup is the icons, but a nifty chart is all you need.

Excellent rule book for this game.

Flow of the Game:

This is going to be short and sweet.

At the start of the game, a set of location cards are laid out however you wish. When cards are thrown, they must touch one of these cards so they will make up the "board".

1. Active Icons - The icons not covered on your cards give you abilities.

2. Score - One point for every 6 pips showing.

3. Attack and Steal - Resolve these icons

4. Draw - Draw a card

5. Throw - Throw one card. You can throw additional cards for each throw icon showing.

Game ends when everyone is out of cards.

Each player will be a different faction, which might mean the icons are different for their set of cards, but you won't notice this nor will you play differently because of the different icons. The majority of the game is you throwing cards and doing what the icons say.

Should I buy this Game?:

You will know if this game is right for you by the description alone. This is the sort of game you will play on a Teen night, or with a bunch of kids at a Church night. Or even a board game con.

I find these sort of games to be passe. I don't really enjoy them, or rather I do for a minute and I don't really need to own it. Dexterity games in general are not my thing.

You will like/hate this game based on whether you like the idea of throwing cards or not. This is 95% of the game.

Purge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.