The Card Game of Oz» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement and vitality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Simpson
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
1) RE: Bonus Characters Movement. Can I pay X sp to put a character onto my Title Card then use the Free movement to move them to the 1st location? (let's assume there is no cost associated with the 1st location).

2) Vitality: Do I need to keep track of each characters vitality at all times or is it only matter while they are on a specific location?
The rules don't mention anything about keeping track of ongoing vitality [except that vitality is used for end score and if character reaches 0 they are archived].
For example Character with vitality of 5 moves to Location 1 (which adds +2 vitality) Character would have 7. If they then move to next location (which has -1 vitality), do they drop to 6 (5 + 2 -1) or does it reset back to 5 and then subtract 1 for the location making it 4 (5 - 1)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) yes, I believe.

2) think of it differently. The location modifies the base vitality. So, it resets to 5 and then is modified to 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) yes, you can use the free movement to move off the title card, if you are able to enter the next location ok

(2) the modifiers are only effective whilst the character is at the location - they do not actually modify a character's base values. Think of it as a temporary bonus/penalty whilst you are at that location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.