Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R K
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I started to punch out my copy today and found that all my units are well aligned, fortunately. A few of the markers, particularly cohesion hit ones, are a bit off-centered, but still functional and not worth replacing I don't think.

I did notice that the printing in the booklets is a bit inconsistent, though. Again, not so bad that I'd bother getting them replaced, but on some pages the text is a nice deep black, while on others it's a bit faded or washed out looking, more like a dark gray. Anyone else got this, or was mine just done at the end of a toner cartridge or something? I like the move to glossy colour books, but hopefully they get the quality sorted out for the next game/module/batch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
General Sherman says have a great day!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just double checked mine - no inconsistencies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan,
My game had the exact same things as yours!
I always print a copy of the rules for myself since I like to write in them and underline and star things to remember, so with the lighter pages I increased the darkness.
And I did a Live Chat at GMT GAMES and the rep said they had more than the usual small number of problems that they usually have.
So I said the small misalignment of my markers did not interfere with game play, and I use them now.
But I'm sure if one were to insist in getting a replacement sheet they will do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rulebook has faded pages as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one set of faded pages in my scenario book. Everything else is fine. It must be the style of paper they're using. I love the color rulebooks, but the paper isn't as durable as the stiffer stuff you get in the black and white rulebooks. Give me the heavy stock of The Gamers rulebooks any day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HOPLITE discussion at ConSimWorld had/has many others with the same or slightly different problems.

I own about 35 GMT games and this is the very first time for me for this.
Great company and great customer service!
Call GMT and they will be glad to help anyone with these problems!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one side of one full (2 individual) page(s) faded pretty badly but my counters were OK.

I certainly hope that the porosity virus is not spreading...arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R K
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good to hear I'm not alone. My stuff is all functional, my markers are useable and I have a million more from other games anyway, and I'll just update to the living rules eventually anyway, so it's not a big deal that I want to bug GMT with. But hopefully with an awareness of what's going on they will sort it out for whatever prints next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No faded pages here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bad feeling that with all those new games coming out lately from GMT, quality will suffer.

Some copies just arriving here have mis-aligned sheets. I wonder if it is more cost effective for them to replace all those sheets/rulebooks instead of increasing their quality control during the printing process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
I have a bad feeling that with all those new games coming out lately from GMT, quality will suffer.

Some copies just arriving here have mis-aligned sheets. I wonder if it is more cost effective for them to replace all those sheets/rulebooks instead of increasing their quality control during the printing process.

There is zero basis to believe that.

You need to follow the ConsimWorld topic more. The printer is the culprit here and GMT has already engaged them about the misaligned sheets in the run, which is highly unusual for this printer. I gather they are working to have the bad sheets reprinted and for now sending replacements out for game shipped and they cracked the rest open and and cannibalized them to help make sure the ones shipping now are okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my case, no misaligned counters, fortunately.

In regards to the rules and scenarios booklet, the former had about 3 faded pages, am not sure but I believe these are within the first 7 pages of the booklet; the latter was fine.

I feel these things do happen and personally am addict to the colorful and high quality standard of GMT games, so IMHO see no major problem here...those 3 pages are a little faded but completely readable, not necessary to go ahead and ask GMT for any replacement.

Regards,

Jumval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Going by retail channel stock, the books in the copy I just picked up from my FLGS were fine - though one page in the rulebook had a slightly deeper print - which wouldn’t be noticeable unless you were looking for it as I was.

GMT has also fixed the counter issue in the retail stock I’d say - all fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.