Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I think this is a tremendously well done game... but just curious about peoples' view on attack cards. For me, this game plays like an intense brain-burner; I always feel rushed by the time it gets to my turn. And when other players are reminding others what attacks are active, it disrupts my thought process and my ability to plan in-between turns. Maybe I just suck at word games

Poll
Do you use attack cards?
Yes
No
I play with the cards but ignore the effect
      40 answers
Poll created by BaBang

Poll
Do attack cards add value to the game?
Yes, They make the game better.
No, They make the game worst.
Depends on the number of players.
      37 answers
Poll created by BaBang

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been nice to have an "I don't know" option for the second poll. I've never tried removing them, so I have no idea whether they make the game better or worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played plenty of games with the PnP beta with no attack cards and now have played with the attack cards. They do change the feel of the game but it's not better or worse it's just different. It also depends on how many attack cards get bought. In some games only 1 or 2 get into circulation and we've had one game where it felt like every card was an attack card. That game bogged down as several rounds nothing really happened. But when someone could pull off a turn it was often dramatic and very crucial to establishing victory since every VP you could buy was really important.

I think for new players or lighter games I'd certainly leave attack cards out as they do break up the flow of the game. But for more of a challenge for experienced players they certainly do create some interesting situations. When they are in circulation they make +Draw cards even more important and they also make trash offer pile cards really valuable. Another offset would have been if there were defensive cards. But again you could run games where they just never line up due to the random nature of buying cards. It's not a fixed strategy kind of buy game like Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.