Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to clarify I'm understanding this ambassador's ability correctly.
Ability reads: Build an Empty Power Reactor. Take up to X+1 (energy cubes) from other players (Max 1 per player) and put them on this reactor.

That means in a three player game I have the choice of paying 1 or 2 credits for this ambassador and taking power cubes from one or both, respectively, of my opponents along with one power cube from the supply to place on my newly built power reactor?

In a 4 player game I can pay 1,2, or 3 credits and take power cubes from one, two, or all three of my opponents (respectively) along with 1 power cube from the supply to place on my new built reactor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, in a 3 player game you can either pay 0 (and take 1 cube from somebody else) or 2 (and take 2 cubes, one from each other player). When you use him, you don't take any cubes from the supply.

Similarly, in a 4 player game you can pay 0, 1 or 2 and fill it with 1, 2, or 3 cubes from 1, 2 or 3 other players respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Villareal
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been reviewing the rules and I cannot find a resolution for this issue. If you can point out the section of the rules that can help clarify this, that would be great. But anyway, the problem is this...

One of my opponents built his station rather linearly, with sections of the station connected at several points by a single card. I had invited Rul Nak, and based on the rules, I wanted the single cube on one of his powered connections (a rather jerky move, I admit, but he was way ahead on points). My question is: can my opponent redirect power from one of his other powered locations (via the same reactor)to the affected location to prevent a catastrophic loss of location cards at the end of the year step when we check each others stations? Or would he need to quickly build a reactor to supply an energy cube to the location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what you describe I get the impression that you may be playing the game wrong but let me clarify in case I was mistaken:

When you build a Power Reactor, you put 2 Energy Cubes on it. Then, when you build a location that requires Energy within 2 spaces of it, you remove one of those cubes and put it aside (it is completely removed from the Station - it is not placed on top of the card you just built). So, the only Energy Cubes you should have on cards on your Station should be those you haven't spent yet and should be on Power Reactors.

When you invite the ambassador Rul Nak, then you may take those unspent Energy Cubes from the other players' reactors and place them on a new one in your Station. Doing so, does not create any problems to the other players - you do not remove locations from their Station, nor do you take Energy used elsewhere. So there shouldn't be a problem when checking a Station.

From what I read in your post I got the impression that you assigned the energy cubes to specific locations but left them there on your Station. However, that is not the case.

Hope it is clearer now. If you still have any questions feel free to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.