Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charley Eastman
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Board Game group of the First Baptist Church in Newton will be meeting again on Sunday, July 23rd at noon in the Fellowship Hall. If you can make it, please join us for a wide range of games and good times in the cool air downstairs.

You can get directions at our website at www.fbcnewton.org, and you can e-mail me for any further details at cfe@fbcnewton.org, or here through the Geek.

We are an interfaith group and we have lots of space, good clean tables, and great fun. Come game in a free and relaxed environment. We are planning some store and manufacturer events for the fall, so please stay tuned.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's tempting. I should be home for a few weeks at that point...I may have to stop by. I'm sure I could find someone to play Twilight Struggle with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
chitshappen wrote:
We are an interfaith group ...
When you say interfaith does that include non-Christian's?

I should also plug an open gaming convention that would be of interest to Metwrowest gamers...

UG-XI will be on Aug. 19th from 9am-midnight in Framingham (150+ expected). See http://www.unitygames.org/ugxi/ugxi.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charley Eastman
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
chitshappen wrote:
We are an interfaith group ...
When you say interfaith does that include non-Christian's?

Yes. Let me be even more explicit: Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Janes, Zoarastrians (sp), Athiests, Agnostics, etc. etc.

This church does a lot to spread the word in our Christian work. The purpose of THIS group is to create community, regardless of affiliations. We have far more to gain as humans by interacting than by staying apart. And NO, that is not a way to get you into the door so we can attempt a conversion. As the late great Mr. Cobain says, Come as you are (we'll leave the rest of the lyrics out for now).

Sorry to be so soapbox sappy, but I want to be clear that everyone is welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charley Eastman
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmw23 wrote:
That's tempting. I should be home for a few weeks at that point...I may have to stop by. I'm sure I could find someone to play Twilight Struggle with...

ME ME! I just had a great game of TS with my friend Matthew last night...absolute blast. Can't wait to play again.
-C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.