Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Borg Ablative armor damage order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When using the Borg ablative armor, does damage 1st go to the Borg ship's shields or to the ablative armor? General game sense seems like the shields would get damage 1st, but the card reads like damage goes toward the armor 1st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shields first. The ablative armor tells you to put damage cards under it. You aren't assigned any damage cards till after your shields are down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured so, but I had another player think it worked the other way. Wanted to 'officially' make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Little
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
When using the Borg ablative armor, does damage 1st go to the Borg ship's shields or to the ablative armor? General game sense seems like the shields would get damage 1st, but the card reads like damage goes toward the armor 1st.

Do yourself a favor and check the Wiki for things like this: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/STAW%253A

You can find that link on the BGG page for ST:AW, right below the Official FAQ.

STAW:Borg Ablative Hull Armor has the answer to this question and a reference to the official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas wilson
msg tools
sorry to derail this thread, but lets say borg's shields are down and i roll 4 hits and 2 crits. against a ship with borg ablative Armour do the crits still apply ?

i,e the 4 hits are applied first buckle the ablative Armour then come the crits to the hull ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zraktor wrote:
sorry to derail this thread, but lets say borg's shields are down and i roll 4 hits and 2 crits. against a ship with borg ablative Armour do the crits still apply ?

i,e the 4 hits are applied first buckle the ablative Armour then come the crits to the hull ??

The way we play it is: while the Ablative armor is active, all crits are turned to hits then damage is applied. If a crit would exceed the 4 cards of the armor then it is still converted to a hit as part of the power of the armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
zraktor wrote:

The way we play it is: while the Ablative armor is active, all crits are turned to hits then damage is applied. If a crit would exceed the 4 cards of the armor then it is still converted to a hit as part of the power of the armor.

While the armor is active, the crits are turned into hits during the standard point of the combat resolution. Damage is not applied until the end of the resolution, so the armor will affect the entire attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas wilson
msg tools
fair enough, must be the funny way we deal damage cards which is fine in any other situation but this.

i let him convert the crits because we didn't know the answer but i will no doubt be a topic of much debate in OPs otherwise.

this the same with ablative generator while were on the subject ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.