David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Wallop !
mbmb
I got my Formula E Kickstarter copy in the mail the other day. The rules says 72 cards but I have 70 cards and a ton of blank, template-like cards. Is that right?
The rules state there's a 3/4 and 5/6 player side of the board designated but I can't see any differentiation at all.
What is a "mouse hole" designated on the board? Nothing looks like a mouse hole to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated. These rules are kind of a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't about the component numbers, but I know the 5/6 player board is the one with the mountains. The mouse holes are the small brown holes around the edges of the track, you can see the mouse sitting next to one on the setup image on page 2 of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Wallop !
mbmb
Ah, that clears up a little bit. Thank you. Even with 1000 guesses I don't think I would have figured out that those were mouse holes. I thought they were just part of the background art and actually though they were, perhaps, "dung heaps." I looked all over that picture and didn't see the mouse placement at all. I was looking on the track itself as well like the cows.

Is there some sort of indication on the actual board of which side is which or is this just insider knowledge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
dbriel wrote:

Is there some sort of indication on the actual board of which side is which or is this just insider knowledge?

From Bruno Faidutti (one of the designers)'s blog:

Oooops ! We just forgot to label the boards to indicate which ones are for 3-4 players and which ones for 5-6. The shorter tracks, iplain and city, are for 3-4 players, and the longer ones, mountain and palace, for 5-6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
dbriel wrote:
I got my Formula E Kickstarter copy in the mail the other day. The rules says 72 cards but I have 70 cards and a ton of blank, template-like cards. Is that right?

I also got the same card mix, as well as two tuck boxes, which weren't mentioned at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The tuck boxes are annoying - they're clearly designed to hold the entire deck, complete with blank cards and adverts for Game Salute. Good strong tuck boxes, but I'd rather leave out the extra cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Peavy
United States
Americus
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy yesterday (in Georgia, USA) and had exactly the same issues. I contacted Game Salute via their Kickstarter page; I'll let everyone know if there is any reason for the missing cards, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Peavy
United States
Americus
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
speavy wrote:
I just got my copy yesterday (in Georgia, USA) and had exactly the same issues. I contacted Game Salute via their Kickstarter page; I'll let everyone know if there is any reason for the missing cards, etc.

I was informed via the Kickstarter page that there are in fact only 70 cards in the game and that there are misprints in both the rules and on the box itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.