Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy Walnut Grove. For its low table time it packs a great punch. The only thing that holds it back slightly is the low player interaction. I was wondering if there was an easy way to add a little interaction without changing much. Here is an idea:

*For each color field (yellow, blue, brown, white, gray) a 3 point bonus is awarded to whoever has the largest of that type at the end of the game.

*If multiple players tie for largest field type, none of them get the bonus.

3 points might be too high and this variant would devalue the strategy of creating one giant field and ignoring the rest. But it would create more interaction. I'll have to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the race to get buildings and improvements, along with some crowding in town, is plenty of interaction.

If you really want to spice things up, maybe you could say:

- The 2-cube space allows you to steal 2 cubes from any player(s).
- The building spaces would allow you to pay the price to "burn down" another player's building, returning it to town for future re-purchase by anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:

- The 2-cube space allows you to steal 2 cubes from any player(s).

That's a cool idea but I think that would be too nasty. That would be more of a "take that" instead of a Euro interaction.

I've actually only played the game with 1,2, and 3 players so far. This weekend I'll get some 4 player games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After many more plays I think I have to agree with the above statement. The race for the upgrades tiles and town spaces is a good amount of interaction. It works well as is.

I'm 14 plays in and really enjoying the game. I recently discovered that I was playing the neighborly help tile wrong (you can only use them for things you must do... like feed and worm workers and paying city hall and the church).

This rule book could have been a little better but it really is a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.