Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
As some of you may know, there is a reprint of The Agents as well as a few extra expansions.

For previous backers USD$28 will get you all the stuff you need to upgrade your current set and get all the new stuff. This includes:

3 new expansions
Upgraded original expansion boxes
Mark II hard cover rulebook*
All added/revised cards
Access to all stretch goals.

As they’ve just hit USD$100k all backer will get the ‘Mavericks’ expansion which one hopes is not composed of an oiled and topless Tom Cruise playing volleyball.

Anyway, there is a base postal cost of USD$8 no matter how much you order, so I’m happy to add anything other items ACT based folk might want. The campaign ends on 22 May 2014.

Have a look at the KS page which I will not link (for that would be a terrible thing to do) here to see if this might work for you.

* Changes in the new rulebook include:

1. Winning condition 50 IP (instead of 40). The first player to get to 50 IPs is immediately the winner.
2. Setup : 1 IP for 1st player, 2 IP for 2nd and so forth (instead of no set-up points).
3. Playing Agents : command MAY be performed (instead of MUST).
4. Free Agents can be activated immediately without using up an action or stay in play until their command it re-activated for 1 action (instead of being played only when command can be activated and activated immediately and then retired at turn end).
5. Missions: now cost 2 IPs instead of 3 IPs.
6. Missions: two identical Missions cannot be assigned twice by the same player (instead of the same Mission cannot be assigned twice by the same player on the same Faction).
7. Missions: Missions CAN be assigned to a Faction without any Agents in it.
8. Trade-in: a player can trade-in any number of Missions AND any number of Agents in 1 action.
9. Buying Agents and Missions: Draw up to 2 agents for 1 IP each AND 2 missions for 2 IP each (instead of 1 Agent or 1 Mission).
10. Players MAY perform up to 2 actions per turn (instead of MUST perform 2 actions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Murray,
Happy to join you in the Agents return "Survival Kit" level pledge.

Cheers
Kon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
Hi Murray,
Happy to join you in the Agents return "Survival Kit" level pledge.

Cheers
Kon

Excellent - pledge upgraded and we can both revel in saving USD$4 postage each!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join you as well please. For the returning backer goodies.

It looks like it will cost $30 for the package as add-ons though. $22 for the expansions bundle + $4 + $4 for the returning backer add-ons. Or can you add on another copy of the $28 pledge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squire wrote:

It looks like it will cost $30 for the package as add-ons though. $22 for the expansions bundle + $4 + $4 for the returning backer add-ons. Or can you add on another copy of the $28 pledge?

According the Saar Shai we can add on as many packages as we like. Would you like me to put you down for the $28 bundle too?

If so, the tree of us will be up for a paltry $2.66 each for postage - revel in the savings!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Rowley
Australia
Nicholls
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murray,

Sign me up for it as well.

Thanks
Glenn R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodness me, that's USD$2 each now on postage if Geoff decides to go for the USD$28 bundle.

Hurrah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
squire wrote:

According the Saar Shai we can add on as many packages as we like. Would you like me to put you down for the $28 bundle too?

Yes please.

muzfish4 wrote:

If so, the tree of us will be up for a paltry $2.66 each for postage - revel in the savings!!!

Mmm...savings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squire wrote:
muzfish4 wrote:

revel in the savings!!!

Mmm...savings!

Now, that's my kind of revelry!

Pledge level upped.

Forgot to say that pick up will be local, at GLOG or some other mutually convenient place and time, but I guess you guys all took that as a given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is well past funded ($120K+ from an initial goal of $30k) but they have offered a few new things such as 100mm miniatures of some of the characters, more art prints and the sadly tempting Fancy Box.

Check out the KS page (not linked here because that would be Wrong) to see what is now on offer.

Let me know if there is anything you'd like me to add on your behalf, the campaign closes on 22 May 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though the minis look great I can't justify the added costs.
So just the expansion stuff for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, the campaign is over and the game is funded and then some.

All stretch goals were reached, including the last minute one.

My bodgy maths makes the cost for each backer who got the base set (i.e. everyone but me; I also got the fancy box) including currency exchange fees & etc to be $34.50 each.

I'll send each of the other backers my bank details and ask you to make the transfer at your earliest opportunity.

According to KS this is due to ship September 2014 once I receive it, or if I am notified of delays (unusual for KS but a possibility, however remote) I'll let you(se) know.

Thanks for backing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all backers for getting the funds to me promptly.

Now it's waiting time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrill seekers,

The Agents Return has arrived.

All four pledges (and my fancy box) are here in good order except for one that is missing one of the new expansions (Bounties).

I have written to Saar asking for a replacement so I am right to hand out the goodies to the other folk in this pledge.

Actually, this has turned out to be a really good deal as instead of just having replacement cards for the base game we have new sets of the entire second edition game plus the new expansions.

I have had a brief dig through the stuff and it looks like one of my main reservations (agents orders may rather than must be played when first placed) is addressed in some new cards which can change the 'may' to 'must'.

The turn sequence is also pretty new so it's going to be a very different game.

Finally, the rulebook looks a lot better put together and includes rules for all the expansions.

So, let me know how you'd like to pick it up.

I am not going away over the festive season and am available for a pickup in downtown Belconnen during working hours next week ...

After hours pick-ups can also be arranged or, if you're already on holidays, I'm happy to take 'em to the next GLOG or Cancon.

Let me know how you'd like to get your stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrill seekers,

Thanks to the eagle eye of squire I have realised that none of us received the revised series one expansions.

I've e-mailed Saar Shai and he has undertaken to get them to me, so that's another four decks each to look forward to when they arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrill seekers,

As you know, the upgrades to the Season I expansions didn't arrive with our pledges. I have asked Saar Shai about this and he advised that they weren't sent as I wasn't a Season I backer.

In turn I told him that I was, just through another person (the famous Brumby Nut). Saar Shai has come back saying that he doesn't have a protocol for this situation, he thinks the best thing to do is sell them to us at cost prices, which would be a 50% discount.

So, for the 4 x 4 expansions it would be $64 + $10 shipping; USD$18.50 each.

Does that sound good?

Who is in?

1. Muzfish4 - yes and paid
2. Squire - yes and paid
3. MrBaggy - yes
4. rowleyg - yes

Updated - 11 February 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is the first time we've had a "burning"; but given the number of group deals that we back, I guess it had to happen eventually. I think the closest we had was on the Dragon Slayer KS, where I had to make the pledge even though I wasn't getting any (games...I wasn't getting games...).

Key point for all of us to remember in the future: only the pledger is a "backer". Getting the game as part of a group deal doesn't make you a backer goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muz, put me down as a yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please Murray. I guess this is cheaper than buying them later will be. It is irritating though, given that we pledged for the Agents Survival Kit, which was specifically designed for returning backers! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is a bit of a surprise. Should have got Brumby Nut to make the pledge! Lesson learned for the future is that we should either get a previous backer to make any pledge for further iterations of a game system or get designer confirmation that all 'returning backer' rewards will be available to our pledge even if the original backer is not interested in the next pledge.

Curiously, I did just that with season three of Zombicide. I went in with Mr Nut as the 'named' backer in seasons one and two, but Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue and the rest of it was too much for him. I contacted Guillotine Games to confirm that I'd get the 'returning backer' privilege (a USD$10 discount on the pledge manager) and it worked fine.

Nevermind, lesson learned this time.

Oh, I have contacted our final backer to see if he is interested. Once I have full numbers I'll progress this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, that's all of us in.

I'll make the Paypal transfer to Saar Shai and hopefully we'll be right to go from there. I'd anticipate it being about AUD$25 each given the current state of the 'Pacific Peso'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after irregularly monitoring the exchange rate for a week or so the best I saw it on Paypal was 75.33. I've made the transfer and it came to AUD$98.23.

This means that each of us is up for a princely AUD$24.56 - slightly under my initial projections.

When the interested parties get a chance could they please transfer the money to my account - GM me if you need to be reminded of the details.

I'll let you know when they arrive with a view to GLOG (or other) pick-up.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion packs are in the mail.

I'll let everyone know when they arrive.

Preference is for a March GLOG pick-up if they get here in time. Alas, I won't be at the April GLOG, but I'm sure we can work something out in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the extra expansions have arrived and I will be at GLOG this Saturday to distribute them.

Please let me know if you'd like to make alternative arrangements.

Actually, I still have the original items on hand for Glenn, so he can look forward to collecting a full pledge's worth of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.