Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got done with my first game (actually, I forfeited because of some trouble keeping the dice cards straight when moving characters--will get to that and other feedback after more plays). However, one thing came up that I didn't see mentioned in the rules.

Joker deals damage to each of the opposing character's dice. Does this count as "damage to multiple targets"? What I am asking is, if he has any boost tokens, does he do the boosted damage to each die, or does he have to choose a single die to take the boosted damage?

Also, just double-checking, boost tokens are not removed when used, right? So when the Director adds 5 boost tokens to a character, that character can deal 6 or more damage with each attack for the rest of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer

Each boost token adds a single point of damage when a characters ability says to do damage. Joker's ability does in fact say this, so it would add a single point of damage to all damage previously applied. This damage could be applied to any HP Dice (unless, it is the Director doing the damage, in which case a dice must be eliminated if possible).

Joker only damages the character in front of him.

Boost tokens only activate once each time a character's ability is activated, even if that ability hits multiple targets. They do not activate multiple times if a target hits multiple targets, even if the same target is hit multiple times (re: Mechwarrior)

If a character's ability is cast multiple times, then it activates each time the character's ability is activated.

For a boost token to add damage to a damage ability, the ability must first do damage. If Tetsuo's character has no blob tokens, he cannot do damage. This would be the same as putting a boost token on GLaDOS. It has no effect. You still put the boost token on though as there is the good possibility that Tetsuo will be able to do damage in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to cubes moving around when moving dice cards, you might have to sleeve the cards with thick card sleeves to prevent this. Sorry, the Printer Studio cards were a little bent. I couldn't really help this as I didn't print them myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:

Also, just double-checking, boost tokens are not removed when used, right? So when the Director adds 5 boost tokens to a character, that character can deal 6 or more damage with each attack for the rest of the game?

Yep. Same for your characters. This game is all about the boost tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
radchad wrote:
With regards to cubes moving around when moving dice cards, you might have to sleeve the cards with thick card sleeves to prevent this. Sorry, the Printer Studio cards were a little bent. I couldn't really help this as I didn't print them myself.

No problem! I think it is because the cards are so glossy. I came up with the solution to leave the cards to the side of the play area and label which character they applied to with scraps of paper; that way, I never had to remember to move the cards and never had to worry about the cubes sliding around. Second game went far smoother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
radchad wrote:

No problem! I think it is because the cards are so glossy. I came up with the solution to leave the cards to the side of the play area and label which character they applied to with scraps of paper; that way, I never had to remember to move the cards and never had to worry about the cubes sliding around. Second game went far smoother.

You can also go back to the original game design and use all d6s instead of cards and cubes.

Mo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mo7189 wrote:

You can also go back to the original game design and use all d6s instead of cards and cubes.

Mo

I would, but I only have a dozen d6s at most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I did save you the shipping. You could always go to a dollar store. They sell dice in packs of 10 for a dollar or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, Byron. I was the one who originally "complained" about the crazy number of dice needed when the Chad first posted the game in last year's Solo PnP Contest. laugh

I like the cube cards better myself.

Mo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.