Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Two Imperial Lists rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Magi
msg tools
Hi guys, I have to choose between these two lists, which of them do you prefere ?

---------1)

Howlrunner (18) (22)
Stealth (3)
Determination (1)

5 Academy Pilots (60)

1 Alpha Squadron Pilot (18)

----------2)

Turr Phennir : (25) (28)
Push the Limit (3)

6 Academy Pilots (72)

The strategy is the same on both : 6 fighters are the main formation and an interceptor for flanking, which do you like more ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like one better, because Howlrunner adds a lot to the attacking power.

The PA regional was won by:

Howl + Determination
Acad x2
Alpha + Stelth x1
Alpha x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
List #1 is by far the more powerful of the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob L
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
CptHornet wrote:
Push the Limit (3)

Phennir works better with Veteran Instincts, to take advantage of his special.

Other than that, I'd say list 1 is the stronger one. Howl is gonna make all your other TIEs so much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
List #1 is by far the more powerful of the two.

Why, I wonder? I get that Howlrunner makes the rest of the TIEs more powerful, but will be the primary target, allowing the Alpha to slip in around the side of the enemy.

The second is more vlunerable to turrets, I suppose, they could simply shoot at Turr instead, as there is nothing drawing the fire toward the 6 AP swarm.

Is that correct?

My theoretical squad that I have not tried yet is
Turr+PtL
Howl
BSP+VI x3

This give high PS, and has two primary target ships. I wonder if using Backstabber instead of Howl and Outmanuver/predator on the BSP and not flying formation might be a better option coming up.

Rellyk wrote:
CptHornet wrote:
Push the Limit (3)

I prefer PtL- with PtL you can focus, use it if necessary on any higher PS attacks or your own, then barrel roll+boost/evade after your attack. Much easier to dodge most, if not all firing arcs with two actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve hitchcock

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i had good results this past weekend in local store starwars day tourney, good enuff for 3rd of 13,,,

turr w/veteran
howl w/swarm & stealth
obsidian x3
academy

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rellyk wrote:

" ... occasionally."

PTL works great on Phennir, as it does on every EPT-Interceptor. I personally think the 1 point for VI and the opportunity cost (i.e., not having PTL) makes VI the suboptimal choice (always depending on one's meta). I'd rather have, for example, a RGT + PTL than Phennir + VI. (I would probably try to find a point for Targeting Computer, too.)

To the OP: (1) is the clearly better squadron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only because I like Turr and I've been wanting to use the second squad, and am trying not to auto-include howlrunner:

The first squad, until Howlrunner dies, had one low quality attack (howl), one medium quality attack (flanking Alpha), and 5 medium quality attacks from the 5 AP (focus+reroll). Then once Howlrunner dies, one medium and 5 low quality attacks. Also, the flanking ship is a lower priority than Howl+swarm.

The second squad starts with one medium quality attack and 6 low quality, and Turr is the primary target for the enemy, making him a weaker choice for flanking.

If I have that right, it seems Howlrunner as usual is the best choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.