BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: best 'tabletop' games for iPhone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anais A
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've skimmed the forum and some geek lists and see a lot of recommendations for games for iPad and iPhone, but many are likely better on the iPad. I'm wondering what are some games that really thrive on the iPhone with its smaller screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if any really 'thrive' on the iphone/ipod. However they are decent implementations that take the size into account.

I play Ascension, Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride easily on my ipod. Lost Cities also plays well enough. Summoner Wars is also good.

With card games like Ascension and Summoner Wars, you often have to enlarge the images to check what they are/do which can slow your pace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascension: Deckbuilding Game is pretty great and does well on the iPhone screen realestate.

Lords of Waterdeep is a good game too and isn't too bad on the small screen.

Carcassonne is good, and the solo challenges give it some legs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elder Sign Omens, Warhammer Quest, and Zombies!!! all work pretty well on the iPhone (5th gen.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Bock
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I really like Neuroshima Hex!on my iPhone. The game itself is awesome, but thrives on iOS since the attacks are calculated for you, so you can't misjudge an initiative calculation and screw up your whole round. I also like the scale on a phone. Nice little fingertip sized hexes to place and turn right in the palm of my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.