Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems a big issue with the game is that some players will never be the EC in a 3/4 player game. There is a thread on one solution to this issue involving dummy players: A suggestion for committees phase

This is a different (untested suggestion).

1) Remove the A space from EC. A player in the EC position is always moved to B. This means that role swaps EVERY turn, instead of every other turn.
2) The player in the EC role must move/swap before any other role (if there is an empty space (3/4 player game) they move to that space, if there is no empty space (5 player) they swap with another B player).
3) You then move any B player into the empty EC role. Any other B players also get moved into any available empty role.

What this does is in a three player game you will get a rotation where each player will be the EC every three rounds. In a four player game it is possible to keep a player out of being EC, but that requires the other three players to constantly deny him that role.

The only downside I see to this variant is that you could hog a non-EC role, by returning to it after leaving the EC position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Nehren
Italy
Crema
CR
flag msg tools
designer
In a 3/4 player game, this could mean a round without the EC executive, though, since at the beginning of the second round the former EC player would be moved in the empty spot, while all other players would still be on space A of their respective committees.

The game, however, needs an EC executive in every round, to break ties in the voting of projects to be built.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knehren wrote:
In a 3/4 player game, this could mean a round without the EC executive, though, since at the beginning of the second round the former EC player would be moved in the empty spot, while all other players would still be on space A of their respective committees.

The game, however, needs an EC executive in every round, to break ties in the voting of projects to be built.

Sorry, I don't have the math in front of me as this was months ago that I figured this out, but at the time it seemed solid. There was always someone to swap into the EC position, and so there was always an executive. Can you actually run through a scenario, step by step, where you think this is broken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember Elad telling that he was working on a better rule set for the committees-phase. But that's been a while...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.