8 Posts

Firefly: The Game – Pirates & Bounty Hunters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Interceptor - Starting Goods rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Bill
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
In the P&BH rules it states that the interceptor and Walden should be treated as Firefly's when referring to the main rules.

With this in mind, how do you start the game when loading fuel and parts when using the Interceptor?

If you take the six fuel and two parts, your hold is full! When I played, I took it all to start with and then dumped the fuel straight away.

Worth doing or should you start differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think those rules still apply, just that if you do dump the whole lot you've got nothing in case of Breakdowns or the Reavers early on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that is exactly why the inteceptor has 4 cargo spaces - so it can store the starting fuel and parts allocation.

Later, if you choose to get by on less fuel, you may use the hold space for cargo, but I don't think that is the main purpose of this ship. :D

So I wouldn't dump anything, I would just start hunting bounties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bill
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Chris__M wrote:

Later, if you choose to get by on less fuel, you may use the hold space for cargo, but I don't think that is the main purpose of this ship.

So I wouldn't dump anything, I would just start hunting bounties.

But the Interceptor doesn't need fuel to Full Burn and if you pick Early as captain, he's a pilot so can get out of some of the navigation card issues

At the beginning I feel its worth keeping one fuel and one part for emergencies.

Thanks for your thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Some Breakdowns cost more than 1 Part, and dodging the Reavers always costs 1 Fuel, even if you don't spend Fuel to Full Burn. Since you can dump at any time, there's no reason not to keep EVERYTHING until you need room for something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bill
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
gwek wrote:
Some Breakdowns cost more than 1 Part, and dodging the Reavers always costs 1 Fuel, even if you don't spend Fuel to Full Burn. Since you can dump at any time, there's no reason not to keep EVERYTHING until you need room for something else.

True

It's good to get other's thoughts on this, I think that the stroy card will have an effect on what you keep and what you dump.

I've only played Another Man's Treasure, which you need the space to deliver goods to your haven and in a two player game the bounties don't raise their heads much. Really the Interceptor isn't the best ship for this scenario but it's worth getting a feel for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tombobbill wrote:
But the Interceptor doesn't need fuel to Full Burn and if you pick Early as captain, he's a pilot so can get out of some of the navigation card issues

I haven't had the chance to play with the Interceptor yet, but I have played with someone who took the 4-engine that didn't require fuel. They thought this meant they no longer needed fuel, and sold it all to me.

They were sadly mistaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuel is also one of the goals of the new scenario(s), counting as a type of Pirate Booty. Of course, you could also sell it at high prices to those unfortunates who dumped theirs by "trading."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.