David Zuckman
United States
Newhall
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just looking or clarification....how is renown calculated? I know that you gain renown via questing, and you start with 5 renown on Holden.

So

a) What else contributes to renown?
b) When do I calculate whatever contributes to renown?
c) If I can only complete each quest once (i.e. One turnip quest) then how will I ever get a renown victory as the total quests never add up to enough?

Sorry, I might have just missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only quests (at the moment) contribute to renown. But you get renown for starting a quest and for finishing a quest. Between those, there is plenty enough renown to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zuckman
United States
Newhall
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Only quests (at the moment) contribute to renown. But you get renown for starting a quest and for finishing a quest. Between those, there is plenty enough renown to win.

How much renown do you get for finishing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
davricle wrote:
edbolme wrote:

How much renown do you get for finishing?

However much it says on the individual quest card. Each quest is unique, and has a number indicated, "+X", for when you undertake the quest, and then "+X" if you complete it.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zuckman
United States
Newhall
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I had completely missed the completed quest tokens and now I feel silly. LOVE this game and questing is probably my favorite mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.